Friday, March 26, 2010

Wanting what I can't have!

Have you ever wanted something so badly but you couldn't have it? Maybe a new car? or a different job? Some of us not only dream of bigger/newer things but often times we dream about things that almost seem impossible to have.

Some of our dreams are shattered when we lose people that we love. This happens for different reasons, death, divorce, indifference, etc. The reason may differ but the feeling is the same ...we want badly what we used to have.

Too many times, I have seen people measure their success in life based on how many trophies they have. They base their fullfillment on whether or not all of their dreams have come true. People place their faith in things and people instead of placing their faith in God.

If we place our lives in God's hands, our faith is rewarded in ways that we as humans cannot fathom.

HEBREWS 11:6 "Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to HIm, must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him."

Trust God with every aspect of your life. When we draw near to Him, those things that seem unreachable will not seem so far away after all.


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh how I love this verse. It is soo true of most of us I think as well. We always seem to want what we can't have. I have seen this so much with relationships too. Some guy will want a girl and chase and chase her until he gets her and then he doesn't want her anymore. Oh human nature, how we must fight it. Have a wonderful week-end Laurie. Hugs, Debbie

Karen said...

Hey Laurie! I just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Perfect words...perfect timing. You reminded me of a time when at the end of the day, when everyone was asleep and I had settled in bed, I'd always say to God, "I have it all." Even when we cannot attain the things we want, we truly already have it all.

Thanks for sharing.
Much love!