Thursday, March 4, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY ...sprinkler system

There is a house in my neighborhood that has been neglected. The grass is cluttered with trash, and the yard is full of weeds. Driving by, I often wonder why they don't take better care of their yard?

Truth is, at times we neglect our own yard. The grass gets taller than we would like, or the grass goes from green to a slight brown from lack of watering. We get tired of watering our yard, in fact I have thought what a great investment it would be to get one of those automatic sprinkler systems installed. That way the water could be turned on automatically without any labor on my part.

To have a green, healthy looking lawn we must consistently water and tend to it. Each of us is much like our neglected yards, we need regular and consistent watering by God's Word in order for our spirits to be lush and green. If we only open our Bible every once in awhile, then we will remain patchy and weak but reading and meditating upon Gods Word daily, we will be thriving and vibrant Christians.
PSALM 1:3 "He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not whither. Whatever he does prospers."

Today, I am thankful for the sprinkler system that we have when Gods Spirit rains upon us! What are you thankful for today? Please join your grateful heart with ours, and link up below. HAPPY THANKFUL THURSDAY.



22 comments:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Beautiful comparison!

Heather said...

Amen!! I always love your posts,Laurie!!

debi9kids said...

Beautiful post. I can almost imagine this being used as an opening to a Sunday sermon :)

Have a very blessed day!

Nancie said...

Amen! What a precious reminder! Thank God for showering His Spirit upon us and draw us to walk with Him. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us, Laurie. Take care and God bless you.

Warm regards,
Nancie

jo.attalife said...

He rains upon us with great showers of blessing, indeed. Thank you, Laurie. God bless you!

Denise said...

I like this post.

Holly said...

Amen... I couldn't agree with you more!

Laurie... would you check out your link for TT? I received a comment on my blog that said they were linked to me when they clicked the button on your site? Not sure how that one happened........... lol

Hugs,
Holly

Debbie said...

This was good as always Laurie...and nothing could be more true. God's word does keep our spirits growing. Have a good and I sooo appreciate your prayers. Debbie

bp said...

Great point, Laurie!

Have a blessed day.
Bethany

Heather said...

Great point! Loved it :)

Unknown said...

I am thankful for the sprinkler system that we have when Gods Spirit rains upon us!

Me too, Laurie... me too. Love you girl. Happy TT. Thank you for hosting. Hugs. Lynn

Pamela Scott said...

I love this, its a beautiful post!

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

What a perfect analogy! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Joshlin said...

Thank you for doing a linky for Thankful Thursday! I have been doing my own Thankful Thurdsay posts and never really had a group to link back to. I am so happy to see that you and so many others are doing this too!

Rieshy said...

Here's to looking forward to Spring Showers, sprinklers and flowers- metaphorically and literally:)

achildoftheking said...

Great lesson. I surely needed it this morning. Amen.

Kristi said...

What a beautiful analogy! I am so thakful for God and the Holy Spirit's watering as well!

Rita T. said...

Very pertinent post, Laurie. Thanks so much!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Wonderful post! I really like the visual application that you gave. Have a blessed day!

Greg C said...

Lauri
I am so glad you are hosting a Thankful Thursday as well. There is power in numbers especially when God is on our side. Great post.

eph2810 said...

Happy Thankful Thursday, Laurie :)

You are right - daily watering in His Word does help us keep strong and fresh :)

Thank you so much for hosting TT this month.

Love & peace,
Iris

Shirley said...

Your blog is always a blessing to me. Thank you for sharing and encouraging us. This story is a reminder that we have responsibilities also. We must do our part, it is just not us that will be blessed (or not), but others also. Bless you sweet sister!