Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A PIECE OF MY HEART ... at a standstill

One of the things that you have to get use to if you live around here is traffic jams. I live off of the most traveled interstate, the trucker capital of the world ... 40/55 Memphis. There are only two ways to get from where I live over to Memphis, TN and that is by crossing the Mississippi River by way of 1 or 2 bridges. In the 17 years that I have lived here, both of these bridges seem to always be under construction.

And if the road construction doesn't delay you, most likely there will be a semi truck jackknifed or a accident that will put all traffic to a complete stop. This past weekend was no different than most weekends traveling over to Memphis. Traffic was stopped due to construction AND an accident in the construction zone ... I found myself at a complete standstill on the bridge. The problem with getting stopped on the bridge is that you cannot go forward or backwards ... you are at a complete standstill, going nowhere!

Some of us are like this in our walk with the Lord...we are not going forward or backwards ~ we are at a complete standstill. Gods Word says that if we are lukewarm (or at a standstill), not hot nor cold ...He will spew us out of His mouth! (Revelation 3:16)

Being a standstill Christian is not a good place to be, just like how I was going nowhere on the highway to Memphis, a standstill Christian is also going nowhere! Are you moving along steadily in your walk with the Lord or have you come upon a delay in your journey? God has a clear direction for your life and He is urging you to stay on the path and avoid the delays along the way!

and that's a piece of my heart today!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

A very good question. I definitely want to be moving forward all the time. No stand still.

As it turns out I do have pneumonia. I would appreciate your continued prayers. THANKS!

Hugs, Debbie

Pamela Scott said...

what a great post God Bless!!!

Holly said...

going forward or backwards ~ we are at a complete standstill. Wow....
this spoke to my heart Laurie...

I have been at the complacent place in my walk where it is hard to pray through.........

I never want to be "lukewarm"....


Great reminder,

gemini said...

Never wanted to be at as standstill with the Lord, this is my stress busting activity, going forward to the Lord. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day today.