Monday, March 1, 2010

SO MUCH MORE THAN BRAINS AND TRAINS!

Growing up, I can remember all of those jokes about when God was passing out brains .... "When God was passing out brains, you thought he said TRAINS, so you asked for a slow one."

It is funny when we hear those jokes and most of us laugh at it. But in reality what happens year after year when a person hears a joke like this, it belittles their intelligence. What is meant to be funny now becomes real to them. They begin to believe that the only gift that God gave them was a slow brain.

The truth is that God has given each of us gifts. No matter how unattractive or untalented we feel at times, each of us have been given something good by God and it is our responsibility to use that gift for His glory!

MATTHEW 25:23 "Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities."

When you look at your life, do you see the good things that God has given you? Do you see talents and giftings that can be used to glorify Him? Sometimes, we have gifts that have not even surfaced yet. But they are there! I never in my wildest dreams thought that I had a gift to share His Word thru writing. But God saw something different, and He put in me a passion and love to share with others thru the gift that He blessed me with.

The gift and talent that God has given each of us is so much more than just brains and trains! Ask God to reveal to you today how you can flourish in the talent that He has blessed you with!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Soo good as always Laurie. I think for me I still let the enemy convince me sometimes that I haven't got much to give. Maybe it is because I KNOW all my shortcomings and failures even if I do manage to keep them hidden at times from others. Something I just have to keep working on.

I'd appreciate a prayer or two this morning if you get a chance. I have a TREMENDOUS cold and case of bronchitis and it is really knocking me off my feet. Too much to do for that, haha..Thanks Laurie, I appreciate it. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Debbie

Apron Senorita said...

Good Morning Laurie,
Thank you for those thoughts. I'm sure we are all beauitufl and talented in His eyes!

Yoli :)

Denise said...

Awesome sweet friend.