Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I want the truth!

Are you on a quest to find the truth? I don't know about you, but I am tired of being lied to by politicians, by the media, and other high profile figures. Seems like everywhere you look, everything you read and everything you watch ... someone is trying to trick us and have lies disguised as the truth. Sometimes it is difficult to know what to believe and what not to believe.

Satan is the king of liars. He has many schemes and plots to confuse us, to persuade us and to lie to us. He packages his lies well and time after time, we fall for his deception. I am tired of people not knowing the truth! I am tired of seeing people settle for less than what God has planned for them. I am tired of the eyes of my loved ones being shut.

It is time we know the truth! Its time we share the truth!

In the movie, "A few good men", Tom Cruise (aka Lt. Daniel Kaffee) says in court "I WANT the truth!". Jack Nicholson (aka Col. Nathan R. Jessep) quickly replies from the stand ..."You WANT the truth? You CAN'T handle the truth!"

Most of us would resound the words of Tom Cruise in this movie ~ "I WANT the truth!" God is very concerned with truth. His Word teaches the truth, His Spirit reveals the truth and His Son leads us to the truth!

JOHN 16:13 "But when the Spirit of Truth comes, He will lead you into all truth."

If you want the truth, you must seek it, you must pursue it and you must claim it! John 8:32 says that "you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." Are you free today?

"Those who walk in truth walk in liberty." - BETH MOORE

2 comments:

Debbie said...

AMEN to all this for sure. Have a wonderful day Laurie. Hugs, Deb

Denise said...

Amen sweetie.