Thursday, March 25, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY...strength for today!

I've been thinking about getting more in shape. Physically that is. I need to exercise more and eat better. My body (physically) needs alittle bit of toning, re-shaping and rebuilding. I need to find some more strength. Where do you go to find strength?

The gym?
The health food store?
The espresso bar?

Not only is my physical body in need of some strength but my spirit man is also in need! God is a never-ending source of strength and courage whenever I call upon Him. I love the scripture in Exodus that says "The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my victory. He is my God and I will praise Him." (Exodus 15:2)

Now THAT is the kind of strength I need...the kind that leads to victory! Have you tapped into the power of God? or are you muddling along under your own power? I am so thankful that God is my source for the strength needed for day to day!

I am blessed to be able to host THANKFUL THURSDAY this month, next month you will find us over at Lynn's Place. Please join your grateful heart with ours. HAPPY TT!

18 comments:

Melanie said...

Me, too.... not sure where I'd be without strength from God!

Happy Thankful Thursday, Laurie!

debi9kids said...

one of my FAVORITE verses. Have a blessed day!

Denise said...

I love this.

Nancie said...

Amen! Thank God that He is the source of strength we need day by day. I need to remember that too. Thanks for sharing with us, Laurie. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Warm regards,
Nancie

Nana Jul said...

Couldn't do one day without the Lord's strength!
Thank you for Hosting TT, Laurie!
Have a really blessed day!
Love,
Julie

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

I really tapped in God's strenght this morning....not knowing you would asked that question this morning and i could make an TT post about my experience...

Have an great and blessed TT @ thanks for hosting
Bernice

Debbie said...

AMEN to this. He IS the source of my strength. Whatever would I do without Him? Have a wonderful day Laurie...Hugs, Deb

Karen said...

Amen...the only strength that never fails....

becky aka theRAV said...

I LOVED your previous post, Laurie!

Heather said...

Amen to that Laurie!

Wendy said...

Thank you, Laurie, for a very concise, but "meaty", post. Filled with Biblical truth. Thanks for the encouragement and exhortation! My strength is from, and in, the Lord!
Blessings,
Wendy

Crystal said...

Great post. I am learning to lean on him more and more each day.

achildoftheking said...

Awesomeness that I can't explain. God is far greater than anything human. Amen!

Rieshy said...

I've been muddling this week. Thankfully I heard a great lesson on James last night that refreshed me!

Thanks for the reminder to not just muddle.

Laurie said...

I love to walk for exercise, so I look forward to this nice weather so that I can get back out and go. I use my walking time to think about God, to pray with God for those He has put on my heart, and to admire His creation as I see things coming to life in the yards I walk by.

Recently, there have been a few things going on for me and for loved ones, & I am so glad I can go to Him and pour out my heart - He is my strength! The scripture you shared is a perfect reminder for us.
Thank you!
Laurie

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I am no good without the Lord's strength.

Greg C said...

I have found that if my faith is strong I find the strength to exercise. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting. This is my first Thankful Thursday participation. I hope I linked everything correctly.