Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A PIECE OF MY HEART ... who do we resemble?

Have you ever heard someone say that dogs resemble their owners? We have 3 dogs. I don't think any of them look like me or act like me. I have seen pictures of people who actually resemble their pets. Look at these and tell me if you see any resemblance....
Seeing these pictures and thinking about who we may look like reminds me of what can happen if we hang around the wrong crowd. I have been talking with my 13 year old daughter alot about these kinds of things. When we surround ourselves with the wrong crowd, eventually we end up being like them. We resemble those that we spend the most time with.

You can walk onto any high school campus and see how teens imitate others intentionally with hair styles or body piercings. After awhile what seems like intentional imitation now becomes unintentional imitation with things like speech patterns, body language and attitudes. This is not just a lesson for teen-agers, but in our adult relationships as well.

Your parents may have been on to something when they warned you to be careful who you hung out with...

HEBREWS 6:12b "imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised."

Who we resemble the most may just be the one that we hang out with the most. I wonder what our speech patterns, body language and attitudes would be like if God was put as top priority in our lives.

WHO DO YOU RESEMBLE THE MOST?
My prayer is that I would intentionally imitate the habits of God!

and that is a piece of my heart today;

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing these precious words, love you my friend.