Monday, June 15, 2009

AT THE WELL ... once upon a dream

Today I am linking up with my friends over AT THE WELL. Even though the discussion questions refer mainly to homemaking, one question asked of us this week really stood out and it is the one question that I would like to concentrate on for today.

1. What are some Bible verses that inspire you to keep blooming where you have been planted?

When I read this question, memories flooded my mind and my spirit as I recalled a time in my life that God spoke those words into my spirit .."bloom where you are planted".

Have you ever come to a place in your life where you are not sure which direction to go or even if you are walking down the right road. Prior to coming into the ministry full time with my husband, this is a place that I found myself, not only spiritually but emotionally. I knew in my heart what God was calling me to do, but I didn't know how to get to the place He was calling me to.

"Bloom where you are planted" is all I could hear God saying to me.

If you have ever found yourself thinking "I wish I could do more with my life", you are not alone. If you have ever had the idea that there might be something that you are missing, there probably is. The thing you might be missing out on is the dream that you were designed to live out, perhaps like me, you knew there was a dream but you didn't know how to attain the dream!
If you have experienced this before, perhaps the very thought of your dream has kept you awake at night or you have felt a stirring in your spirit every time you see someone else doing exactly what you think you should be doing.

Before you hang up your dream because you feel like it is too late or your dream is way out of reach...just take time to take another look at what could be one of the greatest discoveries of your life!

Sometimes finding the road map to your dreams is simply "blooming where you are planted." Do your very best at what you are doing now, look for opportunities that God gives you and be joyful in the place you are right now!

Some of you reading this may feel like you have already given up your dream and you find it difficult to find joy and peace in what you are doing right now. Maybe it is your job, or a ministry that you wish you could do. Maybe you dream of changing careers, or moving to another city or state. I have dreamed of some of these things, but I had to ask myself....

HAVE I BLOOMED WHERE I HAVE BEEN PLANTED?

PHILIPPIANS 4:11 "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."

Finding peace and contentment in your current situation will be the stepping stone to fulfilling your dream!

You can visit the homepage of AT THE WELL and find other thoughts on this topic today!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful post sweetie.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hi Laurie
Great thoughts on today's topic and such an encouraging message. Thank you.
Collette x

Erin said...

I agree! I've often experienced that when I am faithful in the (what I have thought to be) the "small" or "insignificant" things, the Lord uses those to bring me into something deeper! Thank you for sharing!

Beth in NC said...

Hi Laurie, I wrote a post a while back about this same quote. It harassed me for years because I wasn't where I wanted to be and I resented the secret message (ha) that my MIL gave me (she gave me the quote on a plaque). :o)

Great post my Sister.

Love,
Beth