Monday, August 8, 2016

DAILY DEVO...when you don't know why

Not everything in life can be explained. In fact, I am certain that somewhere, sometime you have questioned God...

"Why God?"

As I prayed with someone recently, I told them it was ok to ask God why. God doesn't mind the why questions, however, sometimes it isn't for us to know why but just to trust Him for the answer.

Job had questions, in fact, he asked the question "why" 3 times in chapter 3 in the book of Job. Job had everything stripped away from him, I think he had reason to ask God the why question. I don't know if Job was ever satisfied with God's answer to "why"...

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding." (Job 38:4)

But Job learned to trust God for the outcome. Even Jesus asked why...

"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" (Matthew 27:46)

It isn't wrong to ask why. In fact, it isn't even a lack of faith to ask why. But be prepared to not always understand the answer. Knowing the why doesn't always ease our pain. After all, when you have a broken bone x-rayed, does that make it less painful?

No. So why would you think knowing everything that God is working thru on your behalf would make anything less painful?

God's Word is full of promises, not explanations. If we knew all of the answers, we might not depend on God for much.

Trust God today for all of your answers, even if you don't understand why!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: