Tuesday, August 9, 2016

DAILY DEVO...be still and watch God!

The past 7 weeks has been so hard for me to not be able to do the things I want to or need to. Normally I am not one to sit still. Rarely would I be found sitting down, not when there are dishes to wash, laundry to fold, bills to pay; something to do. God has taken this recovery time to knock me on my feet and slow me down!

“Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations He has brought on the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; He burns the shields with fire” (Psalm 46:8,9)

Even in the midst of devastation and turmoil, nothing occurs without God's direct intervention. Sometimes, God wants us to slow down and let Him be God!

"Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

Another way of saying this is "Stand back and watch as I blow you away with what I am about to do!"

When I am in the midst of something that feels like a tsunami, I need the reassurance that someone Is in control, someone other than me. God sees and knows what we are going through. He wants to remind us that in whatever situation, He is there, and He wants to be exalted. Every seemingly impossible situation is a perfect opportunity for Him to display His power and magnitude.

Next time you are in a tight spot, instead of getting frantic, simply stand back, be still and watch God amaze you!

Learn to enjoy the small things and let God worry about the big things.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: