Monday, August 22, 2016

DAILY DEVO...finding yourself

Recently, I had someone tell me that they were AWOL (missing in action) because they were "finding themselves". I completely understand the need to take a breather from the stresses of life from time to time.

A year or so ago I recall some life changing decisions that I faced and I too felt the need to "find myself". I locked myself away in a cabin, just me, myself and I (and my Bible)!

When I hear people say that they are finding themselves, I really don't know how they will find what is lost without God.

"If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me” (Matthew 10:39, MSG).

The first sentence of the book "The Purpose Driven Life” says this: "It’s not about you.”

Society screams something different to us, doesn't it? "Have it your way,” “We do it all for you,” “You deserve a break"; it appears that it IS about us and our comfort.

But God says, as we see in Matthew, that the only way we will find ourselves is to actually forget about us and focus on God!

If you want to find yourself; seek God and then you will not only find you but also God. Two for the price of one!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: