Friday, April 10, 2009

THAT WAS MY CROSS

THE CROSS
Have you ever given much consideration to the cross? The scene we see all those years ago, is Jesus, after being beaten and whipped by the guards, carrying the cross (barely hanging on to it), up the hill to Calvary.
It is one thing to carry your own burden. I can lug my "stuff" along with me anywhere I go and I can take responsibility for it. But if you ask me to carry someone elses load ... I may not be as eager, especially if it was going to mean suffering, pain and even my death. I am not sure if I am willing to take the responsibility for someone elses "stuff".
But that is exactly what Jesus did, all those years ago, on that hill, as he carried that cross.
It wasn't His cross that He carried ... it was mine!
It wasn't His nails that pierced Him ... the nails were mine!
It wasn't His thorns embedded in his skull ... the thorns were mine!
Jesus carried and died on my cross.
(watch this powerful video and listen to the words of the song)



"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." JOHN 15:13

Simply said, there is NO greater love than this ...Jesus taking up my cross for me. But don't worry friend, today may be Friday but Sunday is coming!!!

2 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Wonderful post. It really speaks to me this morning.

LauraLee Shaw said...

*Tears* That is absolutely moving, powerful, anointed. So thankful for Friday AND for Sunday.