Thursday, April 23, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY...provision

WELCOME to THANKFUL THURSDAY!
I trust that you have had a blessed week and that the goodness and mercies of our Lord have been new to you each day. Today, we join hearts as we all give thanks and praise to our gracious and giving Father!
PROVISION...
what are you in need of today?
"But Mom, I neeeeeeed it!" Does that sound familiar? So often, that is the sound of our children pleading with us when they really, REALLY want something. And most of the time, especially if it is something they really do need ... most moms do whatever it takes to provide it.

The secret to provision is understanding WHOM provides for us. Yes, sometimes it is mommy providing those new sneakers or daddy providing us with some gas money but ultimately, the REAL provider is God. Always has been and always will be.

God sees exactly what we need
long before we even know that we need it!

Look at Abraham...
Abraham had been instructed to sacrifice his son Isaac, whom Abraham loved dearly. It was a test of his love for God. How did God provide for Abraham? At the last moment, when Abraham was just about to sacrifice his son, God provided a ram to be sacrificed in Isaac's place.

The provision God made for Abraham that day was really just a preview of a much greater provision! Think about it ... in order to save Isaac, God provided a ram. But in order to save us (you and me), God provided a lamb - Jesus Christ, the son of man; king of kings; lamb of Judah.

ROMANS 8:32 "Since He did not spare even His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, won't He also give us everything else?"

Eternal life ... what a significant and most awesome provision He made for us. What are some ways that God has provided for you lately?

Aren't you thankful today for not only His provision of the cross, but for daily providing each and every need that we have. I would love to hear your encouraging comments on how God has provided for you! Please leave your link for your TT post in Mr. Linky below.

HAPPY THANKFUL THURSDAY!



26 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, yes... I AM so thankful for His daily provisions!

Unknown said...

Laurie,

This post is exaclty timely for us as my husband has now been looking for a job for quite a while. Amazingly, I am not freaked out... It is because God's word is written in my heart from years of reading the Bible. I truly am at a place to trust the Lord our Provider. Love you girl. Happy TT.

God Chaser said...

Wonderful topic- His provisions are awesome! Blessings
Willnette

Pia said...

Lord, thank you.

Grammy said...

Happy TT Laurie,
This was a wonderful post.I too am grateful for his blessings.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Did this ever hit home, since in my thursday post I talked about being upset about needing a new camera. Badly. Thank you! Happy TT to you!

Pia said...

i will, laurie. thank you so much for it. =D

Genefaith said...

God is good all the time! He's daily provision is relly sufficient for us!

Stacy said...

Thank you for that wonderful reminder. I mentioned in my post about the rhema word of God. Your post was that very rhema word to me today.

Melissa said...

Amen! God is faithful to provide everything we need.

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie,

Thank you for being our host and thank you for such a timely reminder on provision.

Blessings to you, my friend.

Beth in NC said...

He is a wonderful Provider. We are a blessed people Laurie.

Our church hosts the African Children's Choir and I have heard that these children feel sorry for US (Americans) because we don't have to trust God for each meal, etc ... They are use to seeing God's Hand move to provide for them supernaturally.

Bless you!
Beth

eph2810 said...

Oh, Laurie, God indeed provides us with what we truly need. He has given my joy again...to live life intentionally!

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart.

Blessings to you and yours.

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Where would we be without His provisions? Great post Laurie.

Blessings!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

It can be so easy to look at the situation around us and think about how bad things are. But remembering that God is our providor can take away all the fear and worry. Thank you for that reminder today!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Jerralea said...

Thanks for introducing this topic. I LOVE to talk about God's provision!

God bless you!

Debbie Petras said...

The Lord has provided me with His peace even though my current circumstances are very uncertain. I am learning to trust Him because He is trustworthy. Thanks for hosting TT again.

BTW, I will participate in your questions to get to know other bloggers. I'll email them to you soon. Also, I tagged for 8 Things. It's a fun and easy one where you share 8 things. It's on my post from Wednesday but there's no pressure or rush. I do want to get to know you better.

debi9kids said...

Amen! How right you are that God provides for us.
Have a beautiful & blessed Thursday!

Laurie Ann said...

I am so thankful for His provisions, too, Laurie, and for the knowledge that they come from Him. We are a blessed people! I loved this theme and am sorry I'm so late in posting. Major happenings around here...Great post! Thanks for hosting.

Bonnie said...

Laurie,
I don't think I've ever taken the time to say thank you for hosting TT each week this month. It is always a pleasure reading your posts - you always make me think and I love writing that requires me to look closer at what I truly think and believe. Blessings and thanks again1

Peggy said...

Blessings Laurie...You will not believe the THANKFUL heart You stirred up over at my place with your inspiration of PROVISION!

You have taken the supernatural & looked at our daily natural family happenings & graciously turned my eyes to Our Giving Father!

Thanks Laurie! You are such a mighty woman for God as you stand in His Light & may His provision bountifully fall on you & your family! Love you! (I may not be able to visit everyone today but I will as soon as possible)(I should not post again unless I have visited, right?)

Sab said...

I am also thankful for all that He provides... thanks for hosting again this week!

Tricia said...

What a great thankful post! God has provided for me and my family by providing for all our needs during this tight economic time... He is faithful!

And daily He provides me with all I need to be a Godly wife and mom! How I need Him!

Blessings!

bp said...

This was another great theme! Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

This is something that i've seen over and over again, how God provides so well for us. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Rocks said...

I'm late again this week but I hope you can still visit my post :) God bless you Laurie!