PHILIPPIANS 4:4 " Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"
* easy to do when things are going smoothly.
* not so easy to do when bad times roll around.
Paul says that we should REJOICE in the Lord ALWAYS. He means even in the bad times!
The Greek lexicon for rejoice is "Chairo". Let's look at the definition ...
- to rejoice, be glad
- to rejoice exceedingly
- to be well, thrive in salutations, hail!
I love the part of the definition that says "rejoice exceedingly". This is the attitude we need to come with when we give our Lord praise for His goodness. He is so worthy to not only hear our rejoicing but to hear it EXCEEDINGLY!Looking up the word "exceedingly" in my trusty Webster says that it is "to an advanced or unusual degree; extremely".
So if we agree with Paul ...
- In all things (good and bad), because of God, we will be extremely glad!
- Today, may we all strive to have a CHAIRO spirit !