Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A PIECE OF MY HEART..."stuff" that builds-a-christian

FRUSTRATIONS...
the kids~ your boss~ your spouse~ your job~ the clerk at Wal-mart

Are you frustrated with all of the STUFF that is piling up on you? finances, sick kids, grumpy spouse, angry boss, strife with co-workers, nosy neighbors, back stabbing friends


STUFF pops up in all of our lives. Some of the stuff is good and some of the stuff is bad. No matter how we look at it - the stuff that frustrates us, is actually molding and making us. Without the stuff - we would be like a teddy bear with no stuffing - just empty, with no purpose. We would be incomplete.

This reminds me of the times I have taken my daughter to that wonderful (and expensive) place ~Build a Bear Workshop~. This is the store that your child can pick out a stuffed animal that they would like to "build". The first thing to do is pick out a heart for your animal and this is placed inside and then my favorite part is going over to the stuffing center. This machine shoots out the stuffing into your animal and WHAM! you now have your very own "stuffed" animal. There are other fun things to do over at the Build-a-Bear Workshop, like give your new creation a bath and pick out outfits for it. The very last thing (before you put a dent on your credit card) is print out a "birth certificate". It is very cool.
SO WHAT KIND OF "STUFF" ARE
YOU PUTTING INTO YOUR COVERING?

We are given one shot at this thing called life, and if we let all of the stuff get in the way of doing what we are called to do - then like the animal with no stuffing - we cannot function or be complete in fulfilling God's purpose for our life. The heartbeat of each Christian should be to be all they can be in Him, thru Him and Because of Him. You were made for a purpose and God has a plan for each of us. God has already put His stamp of approval on your certificate of life, it is sealed with the blood of Jesus. Don't let the "stuff" rob you of living completely for Him!

BUILD-A-CHRISTIAN...what a splendid new concept!
do you know someone who is frustrated because of the "stuff" in their life?

HOW DO YOU REACT TO SOMEONE WHO IS FRUSTRATED?

do you blame them? "I think it must be you that has the problem!"
do you lift them up? "You have such a negative attitude!"
do you separate yourself from them? "I can't help you - you are too difficult to figure out!"

The Bible instructs us to be encourager's. To hold up our brothers and sisters. And this is not implied to be done only when things are cheery, and upbeat. The time that I need encouragement the most is when I am discouraged!

what kind of a boss are you? do you lead by encouraging?
what kind of a friend are you? do you express concern thru prayer and action?
what kind of a spouse are you? do you build up or tear down?
what kind of a co-worker are you? do you offer help and assistance in difficult situations?

When people are bogged down with alot of stuff - they need to feel appreciated, loved and not defeated. When stuff weighs heavy on their minds, and in their life...what they need most is a few Aaron and Hur's to surround them....

EXODUS 17:12 "But Moses' hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until going down of the sun."

Who has God placed in your life to encourage and build up?
Is it someone you work with? Is it a friend?
Is it a church member? Is it a family member?

Why not accept the challenge to be
a Aaron and Hur to someone today!

AND THAT'S A PIECE OF MY HEART TODAY;

3 comments:

Cheryl Turnbull said...

Hi Laurie, I really enjoyed this post. Great concept, like you said, "Build-A-Christian." Keep up the good posts!

Laurie Ann said...

Build-A-Christian - that's a great concept! Awesome post, Laurie. Keep speaking God's Word to us, my friend!

Megan DiMaria said...

Hi Laurie,

I was unable to find an email address for you, so I hope it's okay to contact you through your blog.

I am a new Tyndale House author. My writing journey has been one of perseverance and trust. I always dreamed of being a published author, and in 1995 decided to set off on this path. Yes, it took me 12 years to get my first publishing contract. God is so good. His hand is all over this new episode of my life. However, I'm discovering that as an unknown debut author I'm fighting an uphill battle to market my books.

I'm writing to ask you if you might be interested in reading one or both of my books and consider spreading the word (if you enjoy them, of course) in your sphere of influence. I would be happy to send you one or both books.

My debut novel, Searching for Spice, is about a long-married woman who dreams of having an affair—with her husband. In he sequel, Out of Her Hands, my character Linda learns how to deal with unpleasant choices made by adult children, she helps her father-in-law mourn the loss of his wife, and has to contend with the fact that her best friend is moving across the country.

I’ve always believed that fiction is a powerful tool to bring truth to light. The reader feedback I’ve received is proof of that. One Searching for Spice reader said, "Your book reminded me how important it is to keep God in your relationship and to know that He is there always!" Another said “I closed this book with far greater respect and admiration for my own husband." After reading Out of Her Hands, an Amazon reviewer said: “This is a great read for a quiet afternoon or in those times when you feel your own life spinning out of control and need the reality check of knowing you're not in it alone.”

Feel free to visit my website for more information on my books: http://www.megandimaria.com/Books.html

If you’re interested, I would be happy to send you both novels. Of course, I understand that you may be pressed for time with your busy schedule. And in that event, I simply wish you the very best of God's blessings in your life.

A prisoner of hope,
Megan DiMaria