Saturday, December 6, 2008

THEN SINGS MY SOUL SATURDAY...O' Holy Night

CAN YOU IMAGINE?

  • What it would be like to await the arrival of the coming King?
  • What the excitement and anticipation must have felt like?
  • Did the whole world stop in that instance when Christ was born?
WHAT PREPARATION WOULD YOU HAVE MADE?
  • Would you have prepared a meal for Mary and Joseph?
  • Would the fine bedding be brought out with the hand carved cradle?
  • Would you pace the floor awaiting His birth?
Who knows what we would have done on the night of His birth. Knowing that the Savior was born, I could think of only one thing I could do and that would be to fall on my knees. I would fall on my knees in wonder, in awe and in worship!

One of my favorite songs at Christmas is "O Holy Night", I have always wondered why we only sing it at Christmas time though because it so beautifully depicts what that night must have been like...

  • Oh how Holy the atmosphere must have been.
  • Oh how bright the stars must have shone.
  • Oh how thrilling to know that hope had come.
  • Oh what a night when Christ was born!
Nobody can sing this beautiful song like David Phelps. Play the following video and see if you are not compelled to fall on your knees:



O HOLY NIGHT - by David Phelps
O holy night
The stars are brightly shining.
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
'Til he appeared and the soul felt His worth.
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born.
O holy night -O night -O night divine!

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU
FELL ON YOUR KNEES?

AMY is hosting THEN SINGS MY SOUL SATURDAY, click HERE to visit her. It is there that you will find alot of worshipping going on.

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I absolutely love and do not get tired of this song. Beautiful!

Cheryl Turnbull said...

Hi Laurie, I enjoy reading your blog. If we could just grasp that concept, "Oh Holy Night." I think many of us often take the song and words for granted. To just get a glimpse of the presence of God we wouldn't even touch what it is going to be like in heaven.

BTW thanks for your encouraging words on my website. I tried to find your email, but couldn't. Blessings to you.

Deborah said...

He does a great version of this wonderful song.

Peggy said...

Blessings Laurie...God moved on both of our hearts & some others also to post this song but so far each has a different artist. David Phelp's gorgeous voice certainly makes his version rich & alive!

I fall on my knees or prostrate often and it will not just be a Christmas occurrence because the day is coming when we will be in
His Presence & adoring Him as Our King.

Enjoy TSMSS & the weekend as this season draws us closer to Him!

Jennifer said...

I love this song regardless of who is singing it. I have enjoyed listening to the different artist's versions today.

Also, thanks for the "congratulations" on winning the giveaway of the Jeremy
Campbell CD. I've never won anything before...yeah!

Unknown said...

Laurie,

That is now my absolutely favorite version of this song -which I love by the way! I loved listening to all the versions today too!

Thank you so much for posting this today!

I attended our women's Christmas luncheon today where a friend of mine did a sign language performance to this song and she always brings me to my knees - literally with the passion for Christ coming out of her hands!!!

God bless you and hugs!
Jill

Samantha said...

This is so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing.