Thursday, December 4, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY...waiting

HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO WAIT FOR SOMETHING?
Waiting is not something we often enjoy.

In fact, we live in a 'NOW' world.
fast food, fast cars, fast everything!
  • Do you normally enjoy waiting in a traffic jam?
  • Does it amuse you to wait for an elevator?
  • When you wake up in the morning, do you look forward to the wait at the subway?
  • Do you enjoy watching the clothes in your dryer finishing the 'dry' cycle?
Most of us do not enjoy waiting on these things because it requires a forced pause in our lives. It is valuable time wasted while we do nothing.

Doing nothing.
That sums up my waiting period as I recover from surgery.



Waiting.
I am just waiting.

~Waiting to go back to work.
~Waiting to feel strong again.
~Waiting to hear the final doctors report.



Waiting seems like wasted time.

DO YOU EVER FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT WAITING FOR GOD?
The Bible tells us that His timing is not our timing...it is higher, better and more productive. Waiting doesn't always feel that way though, it can leave us...fidgeting, fretting and pacing.

Unlike the traffic jams, the subway rides, the stuck elevators and the damp laundry, waiting on God is never a waste of time. So instead of wringing my hands and wondering when God will decide to move on my behalf, I just want to thank Him.

I want to give Him praise for His faithfulness, for His promises, for His grace and for His love.

I give Him thanks for giving me the opportunity to prepare my heart for the changes that His answer is going to bring to me.

I just want to THANK HIM! It's true, waiting can be tough -but waiting for God can be such a blessing in disguise.

It can be a catalyst for what you need to...
  • receive His best answer
  • in His best way
  • in His perfect timing!
AREN'T YOU THANKFUL FOR WHAT AWAITS YOU?

PSALM 37:4 " Delight yourself also in
the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart."
IRIS is our host for THANKFUL THURSDAY, please join her and the other thankful participants by clicking HERE! You will find a whole lot of grateful hearts over there....

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the waiting. I wrote a couple of devotions a few years back on that very subject. Waiting is hard, especially for women, because we are constantly on the move. If we aren't moving, we feel like we aren't being productive. What we fail to realize is that "waiting" can actually be quite productive.

Unknown said...

God bless you as you wait!!! I was just telling my daughter today to "redeem the time"...whatever the circumstances. It helped her refocus, and helped me to focus as well!
Hang in there!!!

Grammy said...

I pay you will be healed soon. Your words were wonderful. They helped to paint a picture for those who do not know what it is like. But until they go through the pain of healing, they will never be able to fully understand.

Jennifer said...

I completely understand having to wait. As a mother waiting on her prayers to be answered concerning her son...it is hard.

But, I never want God to do things in my time because it would not be done to completion with His perfection. His ways are always the best and His time is always on time...NEVER LATE! I have to keep reminding myself of that daily.

My comfort comes in knowing that He hears my cries, sees and bottles my tears, knows my heart and loves my son more than I ever could.

Thank you my wonderful friend for always encouraging me through your posts and your comments you leave for me. You are truly a precious gem that I love and appreciate so much.

Love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

i love this post. our time of waiting, we think it's wasted time, when in fact it's not. God said that He knows what He's doing and that while we wait, we fulfill what God wanted done in our lives. i'm not good at waiting but God is teaching me to wait with anticipation.

God bless you, laurie.

Unknown said...

Neat, this post appears to be speaking to so many of us. I believe there is so much to learn in the waiting. Wonderful post.

Have a blessed TT.

Anonymous said...

hat's great. i often hate it when I have to wait for something, but we must realize that God has his own time. And I believe that God's timing is more precious than ours and He will give us more than we can imagine.

i said...

How true! Great post! It make me stop and think and then the realisation. So glad I stopped by here today.

God bless!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I can completely relate- 2008 has been all about waiting for me (apparently I am a slow learner :-) May you have a speedy recovery and all the reports be positive! Happy TT!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie,

This post reminds me of the song "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits"...

We just received the pathology report from Jason and it took a lot longer than the original week that they told us. I pray yours comes back timely and with great results.

I also pray your body becomes stronger each day as you wait upon the Lord. Great words of encouragement...Hugs to you today!

Susan said...

Waiting, we all have that problem. And to think GOD WAITS FOR US!!!

Hope you are feeling better each day.

I'm having a give a way, come check it out!

Marsha said...

Thankful to hear you are growing stronger as you wait on the Lord!

Have a blessed weekend.

Blessed Among Women said...

Amen! I agree that waiting on God is never wasted time too,though it is tough sometimes. Thank you,Laurie!

Let me know if you get your crispy peanut butter balls actually to look like balls haha

Melanie said...

Oh, I do not wait well at all! I know it's good sometimes, but it is just hard. Praying for you as you wait and your body recovers.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful post. I remember well sitting at home waiting after surgery. It was an awesome time, though - alone with God. I pray God reveals so many things to you through this time! And I pray the doctor's final word is good! Blessings.

Bogie said...

I know what it means to wait. It's the time where we most importantly listen to what and where the Lord is leading us. It is also the most difficult moments of our lives because there's the tendency to go ahead with God. I pray that the Lord will direct you to His plan..

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.

God Bless You!

Lyndy said...

What an excellent word and one I needed to hear.

Thank you for sharing your thankful heart sweet sister.

Blessings, Lyndy

Laurie Ann said...

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." ~ Deuteronomy 31:8 - This was my verse when I had some major waiting to do. God has used you as a great source of inspiration and encouragement for me today, and I bet you've encouraged yourself here, too! Happy Thankful Thursday, Laurie.

Anonymous said...

OH this is an awesome post my friend thanks for sharing to us...Take care...It is worthy to wait right?

Treasure Seeker said...

enjoy your moments of waiting! you are such a busy bee let your body heal! :)

luv ya - and am praying for you!

dorinda
(love your new blog design!)

Cheryl said...

Waiting is sometimes very hard. You have a great reminder. Love this post. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Jerralea said...

Thanks for sharing about waiting. I totally understand the subject because I had to wait for 10 years of marriage before having children. I waited 17 years for God to answer my prayer for my dad to be saved. I'm still waiting for my husband to be healed. Yet I take great comfort in the scripture that says, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivereth him out of them all." Psalm 34:19

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

God Chaser said...

Waiting is hard but waiting on God is well worth it- even thoguh it can be hard- but I give thanks I'm learning it is best becasue waiting on God results in much more than I could have ever hoped.

Denise said...

May you be sweetly blessed as you wait dear one.