Thursday, December 11, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY...power of prayer

ARE YOU PRAYING FOR SOMETHING...something really important to you - but the answer hasn't come?

You just wait and wait, but nothing changes. In the beginning, you were pretty enthusiastic, thinking that God would surely answer your prayer with a resounding "yes". But, life goes on as if you had never even prayed at all. You have not received an insight or even heard His still, small voice speaking inside of your heart, the voice that assures you that help is on the way. Slowly, you feel your confidence slipping away and your faith begins to fade.

We all face times that we need alittle help. It is at this moment that we need our sisters in the Lord to come along side of us and intercede with us. There is power in prayer and when two or more are banded together, great things are bound to happen.

Last week, I shared about my "waiting time" as I recuperated from my recent surgery. (you can read that post HERE!) There are several things that I can think of that happened during my time of waiting:

  • I slowed down and put aside "things" that were stealing my focus.
  • I stopped taking the simple things in life for granted.
  • I depended on others more.
  • I read God's Word more.
  • I relied upon God more than ever.
  • I found a deeper friendship with people who were praying for me.
  • I became more compassionate for others that are in need.
"WAITING time is not WASTED time"

We serve a reasonable God. He has a reason for everything that He does. Perhaps you are waiting because He wants to stretch your faith...to see how much you will trust Him. Maybe He is testing your commitment to the very thing that you are praying for. Perhaps, there are other considerations that you are not even aware of. Your time of waiting could be for any of these reasons or something entirely different.

Whatever His reason, you can rest easy knowing that he knows best. He sees all. He won't let you down. His promises are certain. Keep trusting, for as sure as the sun rises in the morning and sets again at night, your answer will come.
HEBREWS 10:23 "Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep His promise."
I am so grateful for all of the prayers of my faithful friends and family during my recent surgery. My waiting period is FINALLY over...the four tumors that were removed came back this week benign. Praise the Lord! For the past 6 months I have struggled with physical difficulties and I did not know what the outcome would bring. But one thing is for sure, I have felt the peace of God thru it all. I have been able to scale walls that looked impossible. I know that the peace I have felt was nothing but the peace of God, but, I could not have faced any of this without faithful prayer warriors.

Prayer is not something to be taken lightly. Prayer can literally move mountains. James tells us that prayers of the righteous "avails much". If you desire to band together with others thru prayer...check out my prayer blog: http://wmfirstassemblyofgodprays.blogspot.com/ Here you will find prayer needs and a weekly devotion on prayer and faith.

There is someone who needs YOU
to stand in the gap for them today.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN
THE POWER OF PRAYER?

IRIS is our host of THANKFUL THURSDAY. You can find her thankful heart along with others HERE! What are you thankful for today?

13 comments:

Denise said...

You bless me dear.

i said...

Thank you for sharing this great post. You really spoke to me there. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Very wonderful post. Yes, prayer is certainly very powerful.

My Thankful Thursday entry is posted here. Please drop by if you have the time.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

That is the exact lesson that I have learned this year since my diagnosis of MS in January. God needed me to slow down so I could hear Him. Busyness can truly be the Devil's playground! Great post and Happy TT!

Unknown said...

Laurie - this is a beautiful and powerful post!

I cherish reading your blog each week and thankful your surgery was successful.

Praising God for faithful prayer warriors they mean everything to me too!

Hugs and blessings today!
Jill

Laurie Ann said...

I find myself waiting on God often during flare-ups of fibro or IBS. I never give up and have found ways to praise Him during the time of wait. In reading His Word, I have never found a time where He failed anyone ever, and I have seen His handprints in so many of our lives. Things may not always turn out the way we wish, but His plan is His plan.

I'm still praising the Lord for your great report on the tumors. I just think that's wonderful and I'm hoping you've found some sweet relief since your surgery.

Awesome post, as always, my friend. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie,

Praising the Lord with you for your results today.

Your post blessed me tremendously. I am always so blessed by the prayer warriors God sends my way.

Blessings to you this TT.

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you for the good report!

Jennifer said...

Prayer is a powerful tool and yet, sometimes, we don't use it. Thank you for reminding us that our answer is just a prayer away. Regardless, if it is "yes", "no" or "wait"...the answer will come.

Very powerful message. Thanks, Laurie

((Hugs))
Jenn

Mary Beth said...

I believe, Sister! AND I am a testimony of the power of prayer... and waiting... and the celebrating with joy and thanksgiving.

Have a great Christmas!

Ann said...

Thanks for reminding of us of the reason for waiting...especially at Christmas, I think about how the Israelites had been waiting for literally centuries for what they had been praying for. Glad your health report came back clean!

Blessed Among Women said...

This blessed me. Thank you! Prayer sometimes is the only thing that can change situations. Bless you!

Marsha said...

I loved that ... 'waiting is not wasted time'. We Americans are short on the patience end, aren't we!

Thank you for sharing these wonderful thoughts with us.

Have a blessed weekend.