Monday, January 10, 2011

What's your temperature?

Milk is great cold. But the thought of drinking a glass of lukewarm milk just makes my stomach turn. That must be what its talking about in the book of Revelation.

Jesus said, "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other." (Revelation 3:15)

Isn't it interesting  that Jesus would prefer us to either be hot or cold. You would think that lukewarm would be good, but truth be told, being lukewarm means that we are only half heartily committed. A lukewarm person will say, "I go to church. I read my Bible sometimes. I guess I believe in God - when it is convenient for me." This is the worse state anyone can be in.

Not hot.
Not cold.
Just lukewarm.

"But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." - JESUS

So, what is your spiritual temperature today?


No comments: