Thursday, December 24, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY ... giving the gift of "Worship"


For as long as I can remember, I have always had a list for Christmas. Whether it was my "wish list" as a young child or the list that I comprised of what my own children were hoping for. Many of us have our own list in our heads of what we are hoping to receive for Christmas this year.

I find it very interesting that only at Christmas time, we receive gifts on someone else's birthday. When it is my birthday ... nobody else receives presents except for me. So why do we not consider what the birthday boy, Jesus, may want for His birthday on Christmas Day?

When I read about the wise men bringing gifts to Jesus, I see that their giving was expressed in worship...

MATTHEW 2:10 "when they saw the star, they rejoiced, exceedingly with great joy."

When the wise men saw baby Jesus, they bowed down and worshipped Him ... AND THEN ...  they gave Him gifts. Giving is part of worship. This Christmas, I want to be sure to express my worship in my gift-giving, and this may mean that I need to present my heart to Jesus as His birthday present.

I am so thankful today that I live in a country where I am free to give the gift of "Worship" to my Savior! What are you thankful for - why not share your grateful heart with us today here on THANKFUL THURSDAY!



4 comments:

Marsha said...

Urgent prayer request! For those of you how know Denise Oldham - a.k.a. Shortybear, her husband Eddie had a stroke Wednesday evening and is in Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga, TN. If any of you blog friends are near there, please stop by. They've done a CAT Scan and an MRI and are waiting for the results. It's affecting his left side and both legs but seems to have his speech. I will post updates on my blog and FB as things change today.

Tammy said...

Amen! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Debbie said...

It just doesn't get any better. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a New Year full of His abundant love and blessings.

Hugs,

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Marsha--thank you for letting us know about Denise's husband. I will join in praying too!