Thursday, December 31, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY ... all in a years time


I cannot believe that as I write this post, it is the beginning of the last day of the year 2009. I always find it interesting to look back thru my calendar and see all of the happenings for the past year. It never ceases to amaze me how many things have happened in my life.

Babies were born.
Weddings were performed.
Precious loved ones passed to their glory.
Prices increased.
Children moved away.
New furniture was purchased.
Old friendships were rekindled.

What do you see when you look back over this past year?
Do you see heartache? pain? loss?
Do you see blessings? joy? wonderment?

I have always thought that no matter what our circumstances, the outcome depends alot on our perspective. Have you ever considered it a blessing to endure pain? Have you experienced joy while your heart ached? Have you stood in wonder at how God has stood with you during your loss?

Perspective

This is how I would like to remember 2009 ... that with every tear I have cried, every smile I have smiled, every pain I have endured and every blessing I have counted ~ that each moment has had a purpose to bring me into the full understanding of what my salvation means. (Grace, love, forgiveness, redemption, undeserved merit)

2 TIMOTHY 2:10 "For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory."

What is your perspective of what 2009 brought to you and yours? Rejoice in everything and as we say good bye to an old year and ring in a new one ... may your perspective remain on the joy of the Lord, even in your suffering.

Please join us this week for THANKFUL THURSDAY by linking your TT post below in Mr. Linky. I have enjoyed being your host this month, and hope that you will come back and visit my blog as often as you can. Next month Lynn will be hosting, so be sure to check out her blog as well. HAPPY NEW YEAR!







12 comments:

Nancie said...

Amen, Laurie! No matter what we go through, each moment of our life have had a purpose to bring us into the full understanding of what our salvation means. (Grace, love, forgiveness, redemption, undeserved merit) This is my experience too!

I thank God that He is with us through all the changing scenes in life and He works all things for His glory and our good. Nothing can separate us from His life. And we are More Than Conquerors through Him Who loved us!

I have created a "More Than Conquerors Award" to share with you and all my blogging friends. You are More Than Conqueror! Your blog is a testimony of it. Please come over and receive the Award and pass it on to all your friends who are More Than Conquerors!

Thanks for hosting Thankful Thursday. May God bless you in the new year with a fruitful and meaningful year. Blessed New Year!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

LivingforGod said...

Great post! Have a blessed New Year!

Debbie said...

Oh Laurie this is such a good post. I think all of our hearts are sharing such similiar feelings as this year draws to it's close. It is so true too how our prospective on things is so shaped by the frame of our minds. And that's of course what makes it so important to have our minds and hearts given to Him completely. I am so grateful that I discovered your blog in these last few months of 2009. I can't tell you how much you have blessed me and how much I look forward to reading what the Lord has laid on your heart. I pray that you and your family have a wonderful new year full of God's most abundant love and richest blessings. Love and hugs to you, Debbie

Rieshy said...

I know that with my fickle faith it is in the trials that I always see and feel God holding me so clearly. During easy times or merely annoying times I have trouble trusting.

bp said...

Happy New Year to you!

eph2810 said...

What a great way to look back at all the happenings of 2009 (the year surely went fast)...Yes, even the hard times help us to grow in the understanding that we are in His hands for ever and ever :)

Happy New Year, Laurie.

annies home said...

what a great year we have had as well God has truly shown us his blessings upon my family

Unknown said...

Oh Laurie...

This is how I would like to remember 2009 ... that with every tear I have cried, every smile I have smiled, every pain I have endured and every blessing I have counted ~ that each moment has had a purpose to bring me into the full understanding of what my salvation means. (Grace, love, forgiveness, redemption, undeserved merit)

Amen.. Amen.. Wish I was with you right now to share our memories of 2009, a cup of coffee and our Lord.

Love you so much. Thanks for hosting in December. See you next week. Hugs, Lynn

Rita T. said...

Very good post. I've enjoyed getting to know you this past year and look forward to reading what you write this year!

Karen said...

I agree...it is all in our perspective...great post!

Debbie Petras said...

Laurie, how true your words are. Perspective! It all depends on how we view life; through our "self" lens or "God's" view.

Happy New Year to you!

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

So true...there are so many blessings and so much growth that has come my way this year and in the past years....and more often than not the trials create the most awesome lessons. With the diagnosis of my son with an "ultra rare" kidney disorder a year ago have come many heartaches...but none outweigh the blessing of being his mama. http://talesofthetoot.wordpress.com Happy New Year!