Friday, December 25, 2009

MARY ... did you know?


Today, I have shared the following devotion over at the LACED WITH GRACE site. (http://lacedwithgrace.com/) I would like to share it with my readers here as well. I pray each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to come!! Thank you for being a faithful reader of WOMEN TAKING A STAND!

One of my all time favorite Christmas songs is “Mary, did you know?” Every time I hear that song, it just tugs at this mothers heart. Have you ever considered what that question is asking?

I don’t know about you, but each and every time I gave birth (4x) – my heart was filled with so much love, excitement and anticipation of what the next 18+ years would hold for me and for the child that was just entrusted to me. What an awesome responsibility motherhood brings.

Many times I have wondered what joys, disappointments and challenges would come to my children as they grew up. I always prayed and envisioned my kids to become strong, dependent and successful. But nothing was more important to me than to know that my children were walking in Gods will and making an impact in their world for the cause of Christ.

Considering how my mothers heart has leaped for my children’s triumphs in life, I have often wondered what it must have been like for Mary. Knowing ahead of time that she would be the mother of not just an ordinary baby, but a savior.

Did Mary know the suffering that lay ahead for her baby?

LUKE 2:11 ” For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, Who is Christ the Lord.”

  •  Did Mary know that her baby would be King of Kings?
  • Did Mary know that her baby was sent to save the world?
  • Did Mary know that her baby would suffer and die?
  • Did Mary know that her baby would impact her world and the world of many for years to come?
 I wonder … just how much DID Mary know?


No comments: