Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A PIECE OF MY HEART...the first one up

WHO IS THE FIRST ONE UP AT YOUR HOUSE?
Usually my husband is the first one up. He is a very early riser. He likes to quietly stir around the house while the rest of us sleep in.

This week as I was rejoicing and remembering the resurrection of Jesus at Easter, I thought about how Jesus was the first one up in the house of God.

Jesus did not get out of bed first. ~ He rose from the grave first.

Jesus ... the first body to come back to life and never to die again. Observing His resurrection shows us what the resurrection of our own bodies will be like.

1 THESSALONIANS 4:6 "The Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves."

If you have accepted Christ, then the moment your body dies, your spirit will immediately be in the presence of Jesus. One day, when Jesus returns to this earth, our bodies will rise out of the grave and be like His.

These old bodies of ours die because of the sin of Adam, but the great news is that these old bodies live because of the resurrection of Christ!

DOESN'T THIS GIVE A NEW MEANING
TO "RISE AND SHINE?"

and that is a piece of my heart today;

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

What a neat comparison! Rise and Shine is RIGHT. Hallelujah!

I rise first in the mornings, but I wouldn't say I shine! :o)

Denise said...

I loved this.