Monday, April 20, 2009

AT THE WELL...the learning cycle of being a Mom

Gathering At the Well

I am joining my friends today over AT THE WELL. Today we are discussing whole -hearted parenting. I hope that after your visit here at Women Taking a Stand that you will jump over to hear what others are saying today. I know you will be blessed.

YYYYYYY

When it comes to parenting ... I have not mastered too much of it to really be one to hand out wisdom and advice. I don't say that lightly, even though 3 of my 4 children are grown, you would think I would have a thing or two to say about parenting. (((smile)))

But if the truth were to be told...I am still learning. I guess I could say that parenting is a learning cycle for all of us involved. In fact, I think as mothers, we have a "mother code of wisdom". Most likely this code was passed down from generation to generation. The code that I speak of is sometimes referred to as Momsense Gems...you know those things that were spoken to you from your mom that has stuck in your mind and most likely, you in turn, have said these same things to your children...

"Eat your vegetables"
"Don't chew with your mouth open"
"Don't use that tone with me!"
"If I have told you once, I have told you a million times...do not do that!"
"Close the door, we don't live in a barn!"

Parenting is a life long journey. And with God's help I am learning and growing thru each stage that I venture thru with my children. The one thing that reassures me as we all learn together is that one day my children will have children and they too will say these same things!

You see how the learning cycle just continues on? You gotta love being a parent. I most certainly do! Every stage of it!

PSALM 115:14 "May the Lord give you increase, both you and your children."

For more insight on parenting today ...

CLICK HERE and visit the At The Well homepage!

2 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

It truly never ends. I'm always learning, even though our nest is empty now. :) Great post, Laurie!

Jennifer said...

The good thing is, Laurie...what we don't master with our kids...we can keep practicing on our grandkids! How fun is that!!!

I know you have done an awesome job raising your kids with Clayton...you have 4 amazing, godly children and it is a huge reflections on you guys as their parents! Great job!