Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A PIECE OF MY HEART..."Ordinary Christian"


A PIECE OF MY HEART
Thank you for joining me today as I share my heart. It is my prayer that your heart will be strengthened today!
FROM MY HEART TO YOURS:

Recently, my husband completed the process for his ordination with the Assemblies of God. This has been a goal of his to accomplish for the past several years. We have friends in Missouri that also serve as Assemblies of God pastors. They have a daughter the same age as our daughter and because of the distance in miles between us; the girls like to keep in touch via computer and text messaging.

Anna, our daughter, was so proud of her Daddy completing his ordination test and interview that she sent her friend in Missouri the following text message:

“My Daddy is becoming ORDINARY

We received a call from our pastor friend, telling us about the text message his daughter had received. Laughing, he knew that Anna must have meant “Ordained” and not “Ordinary”.

Funny as that sounds, it has caused me to reflect if my walk with the Lord is considered “ordinary?” I looked the word ordinary up in the dictionary; it has a meaning of no exceptional degree or quality. Oh my! EXTRAORDINARY is what I want to strive for in all that I do for the Lord.

Extraordinary people do extraordinary things…
(a few to consider:)

* a poor orphaned Jewish girl became Queen of Persia (Esther)
* a shepherd later won battles for Israel (King David)
* a fisherman used by God to write 5 books of the Bible (Apostle
John)
* a 99 year old woman gave birth to a promised child (Sarah)

Ephesians 3:20
“Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.”

Do you know an EXTRAORDINARY CHRISTIAN doing extraordinary things for the Kingdom? I would love to hear their testimony!


That’s a piece of my heart today!


3 comments:

Cheri said...

I so badly want to be extraordinary. It's all about obedience. And obedience is all about trusting that the Lord knows what he is doing.
I truly in my heart want to change the world. Sometimes just saying it almost sounds foolish...but I don't care, it's true!! :)

Cheri said...

By the way, great food for thought!

LAURIE said...

Cheri,
Its not at all foolish to have the desire to change the world. How we can do that is ONE AT A TIME. Thanks for your comments. I, like you don't want to be caught being "ordinary".
Laurie