Thursday, March 6, 2008

A PIECE OF MY HEART..."Jack and the Beanstalk"

PIECE OF MY HEART...

Thank you for joining me today as I share from my heart. It is my prayer that your heart will be strengthen today!

1 Chronicles 22:19 "Now determine in your mind and HEART to seek the Lord your God."

FROM MY HEART TO YOURS:

The strangest thing came to my mind earlier, it was the folk tale of "Jack and the Beanstalk". You know the childhood story of little Jack who planted his beans, and up sprout a beanstalk that grew so tall. Jack climbed and climbed until he reached to the top, where a giant with many treasures was found. When the giant smelled Jack, he would say those famous words, "FEE FI FO FUM".

I was thinking about my recent visit to the doctor and how at times this past week I felt like Jack, up ontop of that beanstalk, facing my giant. Giants come in different shapes and sizes for all of us. For me, it is awaiting the results of a biopsy and other tests I have had done. (fee fi fo fum!!)

Have you ever been where I am today? Feeling like you are ontop of that beanstalk, face to face with your giant and wondering if God is going to rescue you from what seems like a fairy tale.

I am not sure what the outcome will be for me, but I do know that Jack scurried down that beanstalk and removed his giant by chopping down the plant. Some of us need to RUN from our giants, and get down to the root and plant seeds of the hope of God, seeds of God's strength, seeds of the peace of the Lord, and seeds of the love of God. These are the seeds that will allow us to overcome the giants in our lives.

I am reminded of another story of a giant. This one is in the book of 1 Samuel in the Bible (chapter 17) The giant is Goliath, whom all the armies feared and there was nobody who could come against Goliath and be victorious. David was just a lad, but when he heard about this giant Goliath, he said I will go. And with no weapon or armour, David faced this giant. With just a reach into his pocket for the stone he carried, he slung his sling and BAM! hit that giant square in the head and Goliath fell to the ground dead!

So what was this weapon David used? What power did that stone hold? The power is the same power that is available for you and me as we face our giants...the power of the Holy Spirit and the power of the Hand of God.

2 Samuel 22:2-4 "The Lord is (laurie's) MY rock, and (laurie's) MY fortress and (laurie's) MY deliverer; (3) The God of (laurie's) MY strength, in whom (laurie) I will trust; (laurie's) MY shield and the horn of (laurie's) MY salvation, (laurie's) MY stronghold and (laurie's) MY refuge; (laurie's) MY Savior, You save (laurie) ME from violence. (4) I (laurie) will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I (laurie) be saved from MY (laurie's) enemies. "

David's faith is what conquered that giant. That is the kind of faith that I desire today. How about you?

That's a PIECE OF MY HEART today,



Love Laurie


3 comments:

MaryLu said...

Good stuff Laurie,
God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind!
Wham, knock out those giants with the Power of Jesus's blood!
Amen and amen!

Cheri said...

What a great devotion today. I call it that because devotions are meant to inspire. You have done just that for me to day! Thank you, Cheri

GRANNY J said...

I do not know if this is the place to put this as I am new on here, but hope it is ok.

I found this prayer today & wanted to share it with all of you:

LORD HELP ME!
Lord, help me as I start this day to live on fruit and greens.
It's been so hard to make myself forget the in-betweens.
Give me strength and fortitude--please help me to behave.
To eat the things I know I should and not the things I crave. Amen

HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

GRANNY J.