Tuesday, March 25, 2008

EGGStraordinary CHRISTIAN


1 Chronicles 22:19 "Now determine in your mind and HEART to seek the Lord your God."

Thank you for joining me today as I share a piece of my heart. It is my prayer that your heart will be strengthened today!


A PIECE OF MY HEART:

This past weekend, I was helping my daughter color eggs for Easter. There are great “easy to dye” kits available now for coloring eggs. I like to do it the old fashion way, with the vinegar and dipping the eggs in several different colors to make a unique masterpiece.


Eggs are a very complex dairy product!


Have you ever considered how fragile the egg is? If you are not very careful with the handling of the egg, the outside shell will crack and the inside yolk will be a mess. Luckily, we did not experience this during our egg coloring adventure.

With a little bit of work, the egg can be transformed. The runny yolk in a matter of minutes can be changed into a more solid yolk. This transformation allows the handling of the egg to be less fragile.

It amazes me how the dying (or coloring) process turns the egg into something beautiful. Have you ever wondered why we color eggs? I thought about that this past weekend, as my daughter and I transformed these fragile eggs into something beautiful. Dying the hard boiled eggs reminded me how EGGStoaordinary being a child of God is...


THE PREPARATION

  • People are fragile (just like the eggs)

  • Like the messy yolk in the egg, we make choices at times that create messes in our lives.

THE TRANSFORMATION



  • Just like the egg, it is the dying process that creates the beauty....

  • The dying process that transforms us is the death of Jesus on the cross.

  • Once fragile (like the egg) we now are transformed(thru Jesus sacrifice).

  • NOW.. We are a new, beautiful masterpiece!

ROMANS 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and pefect will of God."


Isn’t that EGGStraordinary?

And that’s a piece of my heart today,

BLESSINGS,
Laurie

3 comments:

Cheri said...

It amazes me how we can find God everywhere...even in an egg! I love it!!

Tara Sloan said...

Process and transformation... you hit on two things I love to teach on!! Thanks for some more awesome revelation!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw that you once lived in WI...WI is the home state of hubby and his family :o) Most of the churches in the area supported his parents as missionaries!!! I'm wondering if your church supported them too!!!! This truly is a very small world...