Thursday, August 12, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY... real hope

Driving down the road, I noticed a sign at a local church that said, "Hope is Real." I loved the message that was being proclaimed to all those who drove by, but I realize that for so many who drive by and see that sign, hope is not real to them.

Offering hope to one another is one of the greatest gifts we can give. You see, someone who is hopeless and feeling alone cannot usually help themselves out of their situation. A great sense of loss and helplessness comes over them, and this is where we, as Christians, can come alongside them and offer them the gift of hope... the gift of the good news of Jesus Christ, that is.

One of the biggest problems in today's society is that so many people have lost hope. I would venture to say that many of those people driving by the sign I saw, have lost hope. They have so many hurts, problems, illnesses, financial difficulties and family problems, that they have no hope that it will ever get better. We have lost hope in family. We have lost hope in friends. We have lost hope in our economy. We have lost hope in just about everything that ever mattered to us because it seems we live in a hopeless world.

Apart from God, this world can be an awful, hopeless place. But with God's help, we can make it. No matter what situation you find yourself in today, I want you to know there IS hope! You may not see it or even feel it, but believe me, there is hope for you. REAL HOPE.

Romans 15: 13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

There is only one place that you can find hope that is real and that is in Jesus Christ. Today on this THANKFUL THURSDAY I am so grateful to know that He will restore the hope that seems lost. He is a God of hope, a good God that turns the impossible into the possible. Lean upon Him and trust His ways and learn to hope once again!

HAPPY TT! Won't you share your grateful heart with us today? Link up your TT post below in Mr. Linky.


**if you like this devotion, you might want to check out my devotion I have written for LACED WITH GRACE today, entitled "The Lord is my Shepherd". CLICK HERE


14 comments:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Beautiful post and so true! Hope is a powerful thing and a truly great gift from God!

Nana Jul said...

Real Hope from the Hope giver Jesus!
We are so blessed to KNOW the God of HOPE!!
Thank you for hosting TT!
Love,
Julie

Crystal Roberts said...

This is a great post, and I think it is especially good to remember that hope is Jesus Christ, without Him, there is no hope. Thankyou for sharing and hosting Thankful Thursday!

Karen said...

Amen! He is the only real hope...the only real peace...wonderful post!

Heather said...

Very true and very sad so many don't have hope! I love that song Jesus,hope to the nations! Says it all! Love ya friend!

Unknown said...

Oh Laurie,

I so agree that many are hopeless and fighting with life. I pray for my daily appointment that I would be used to bring hope to someone in this broken world. Love you girl. Have a fantastic TT. Hugs.

Whidbey Woman said...

Hi Laurie, HOPE! Yes. I must say I've been feeling my husband's situation is hopeless. But, nothing is impossible with God.
And even if the answer we receive today is not what we want to hear, God is still faithful and will carry us through.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Great post for today and great message for all of us.
Blessings, Noreen

Judith C Evans said...

Your post spoke to my heart today. Thank you for sharing this reflection on our Hope.
Not sure if Linky worked, so here is my post URL: http://a-homemaker-speaks.blogspot.com/2010/08/thankful-thursday-friendship.html

Toyin O. said...

Praise God!

Nice Blog! Check out my blog at : http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

becky aka theRAV said...

I love this hopeful post, Laurie! I am a hopeful person. The eternal optomist who always sees the glass FULL. I have had a good week I have shared on my post. I never can get the link to work.

Wendy said...

Laurie,
This was an awesomely wonderful post! I told my readers to come and read it along with my link in my Thankful Thursday post. It definitely encouraged me!!
Thank you!
Blessings,
Wendy
Faith's Firm Foundation
www.wendygunn.net

Toia said...

This is a very encouraging post about hope. Thank you so much for blessing my spirit!!!

LisaShaw said...

I so enjoyed reading this!! Jesus is real hope for us indeed and what a blessing to share the Hope of Glory with each other and with those who don't know HIM yet.

Praise the Lord!

Blessings to you!