Friday, January 20, 2017

Laced with Grace...what matters most to you?

This is a question that I have been asking myself lately. I have come to a crossroads in my life where answering this question has been life changing for me. So many times, I think that we get caught up in the busyness of our life, the comings and the goings and the wants and want not’s of our every day surroundings. I no longer want the great things to mean little and the little things to become great in my life. I want what God wants and nothing less.


To answer this question of “what matters to you? ‘, my list could consist of many things. Things like my family, my health, my testimony, but the one thing at the top of the list would certainly be my relationship with God. To me, every single other thing in life hinges on this very thing. If my relationship with Christ isn’t what it needs to be, all other things will simply just be mediocre. I don’t want to be a mediocre Christian.
I want (I need) to put God first and foremost in my life. When I surrendered my life and heart to Christ, it meant more to me than just joining a church. My relationship with Him is so much deeper than a job title or the name on the sign out front. When we experience salvation, the change is noticeable, well it should be. The things that we use to do, we shouldn’t do any longer…
“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.” (Romans 7:15)
The Apostle Paul struggled with this “Have and Have Not’s”, knowing what he should do but yet not doing it. I suppose we all have that one or two things on our “to-do” list that no matter how hard we try, just does not get done. If it is important to God, it should be important to us.
So what do you think matters the most to God?
Outside of accepting Him as your Lord and Savior, following Him and making Him number one in your life would closely follow.
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
When we put God first in our lives, all other things fall into their proper place. (Or they will drop out of our lives.) If you are missing church more than usual, where have you placed God in your life? If your schedule is too full to spend time in prayer or His Word, check where God has been placed. So many times we put “other” things before God and then we wonder, “where is He?” God never moves, we move Him out of the way to make room for other things.
As a pastor’s wife, I hear all of the “reasons” for not being faithful. Not just faithful on Sunday morning, but faithful in giving, faithful in serving, faithful in prayer, faithful in living for God. When I think about all that God has done for me – NEVER should He be put on the back burner. If I, (if we), are to rise up above the mediocracy of this world, we must answer this question: WHAT MATTERS MOST TO YOU? And then put our money where our mouth is…live it!
Make 2017 a year of intentional living, put God back where He belongs!
BLESSINGS. Laurie
@copyright Laurie Adams

No comments: