Tuesday, January 31, 2017

DAILY DEVO...God WILL build His Church!

In the book of Matthew, chapter 16, we find a remarkable promise from Jesus, "I will build My church"!

Today as I read that I am gripped with such peace and hope that God indeed has a plan for His people and for His church.

No matter what different church models we've grown up in, the New Testament outlines for us THE model that God gives for the Christian church; how it is suppose to look and act.

No matter what the name says on the sign, no church belongs to man (or it shouldn't). Every Bible believing (and preaching) church belongs to God and Him alone.

No Pastor died for you and no deacon hung on the cross. Only Jesus did and that's why you will never read in Scripture, "You will build My church", rather, we read Jesus' words stating "I will build My church"...

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it." (Matthew 16:18)

We must always remember that differences may divide us here on earth, but nothing can stand in the way of the furthering of the Gospel of Christ. Not man. Not different faiths. Not even the enemy.

The powerful, sovereign plan of God will overrule any evil plot of the enemy. Take courage and find peace that God WILL build His Church. 

Let's get on board and stop playing church and just BE the church that belongs to God.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE READING: Exodus 5:22-7:24, Matthew 16:13-28, Psalm 23

No comments: