Thursday, January 26, 2017

DAILY DEVO...using acceptable words

The Psalmist makes it very clear that our words are not to be something we hem and haw around with...

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." (Psalm 18:14)

The words that come from our mouth are directly connected to what resides in our heart.

Jesus spoke about this in Matthew when He called the Pharisees "white washed tombs" because they looked good on the outside (like a nice grave marker) but on the inside, they were nasty and dirty. (Matthew 23:27-28).

I remember one time when I was a little girl, I let the wrong thing come out of my mouth. My mother immediately got a bar of soap and washed my mouth out.

Sometimes I wonder why God doesn't do that to us, but then again, when I think about what the Psalmist wrote, I realize that if my words and my thoughts were constantly on Him, no soap would be needed.

Whatever you say or think about today, keep it clean and acceptable.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE  READING...Genesis 46:1-47:26, Matthew 13:24-34, Psalm 19

No comments: