Thursday, December 22, 2016

TODAY'S DAILY PROVERB

TODAY'S DAILY PROVERB is found in chapter 22. I hope you have been following along with me this month by reading a chapter a day in the book of Proverbs.

"Train up a child in the way they should go and even when they are old they will not depart from it." (verse 6)

This particular verse is one that is quoted often by people, but have you ever really looked at the promise that it gives?

Children are certainly a joy, a gift the Bible says but as many of you who are parents know, children can also bring heartache and worry.

During my own times of worry and heartache over my own children, I cling to the hope, the promise that God gives me.

This verse not only brings hope but first a requirement for you and me. "Train up a child in the way they should go" is the requirement God gives us, but it doesn't stop there. The hope (the promise) is, IF we do our part, God will do the rest.

If you are a hurting parent over a lost child, remember the promise given here: "they will not depart from it".

Lost children are like lost sheep; they find their way home because of the leading of the Shepherd.

You've done your part, now let the Shepherd do His.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: