Thursday, January 8, 2015

DAILY DEVO...Pick up your bike (mat) and go!

It's never easy teaching someone to ride a bike for the first time. After falling so many times, they just want to give up.


I remember teaching my son to ride his first bike. After taking the training wheels off, he discovered his legs were too short and he had trouble mounting the bike by himself. After many attempts, he threw the bike down and said "forget it!"


To which I said, "Let's just take a break." To my surprise, a short time later I caught a glimpse of him with his bike in the street. He jimmied that bike up next to the curb and using the extra leverage of the curbside, he got on his bike and pedaled down the street for the first time.
Jesus said, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk!" -John 5:8

Too many times life is like trying to learn to ride a bike, but instead of giving up, we need to change our perspective and get right back on until we get it right.


I know your bike (your mat) can get heavy sometimes, but just pick it up and go! God will help you peddle along the way until you get it right.


No comments: