Thursday, November 14, 2013

THANKFUL THURSDAY...lingering in His presence

One of my favorite things of coming together with my church family is before or after service, lingering around the hallways fellowshipping with each other. It is the one time of the week that I can catch up with my brothers and sisters in Christ and receive encouragement from them.

I have noticed that sometimes it is easier to linger in the presence of our fellow believers than it is to linger in the presence of the One Who died for us.

Oh how I love (and long for) worship, enjoying His fresh touch. But often times, we are consumed with our time restraints and rush right out of our time with Him. Instead of just lingering in His presence, we brush right past and lose out on that special fellowship time with Him.

What I am thankful for today is that we have the freedom and liberty to worship Him anywhere, anytime. A freedom that not all countries experience. While I am thankful for it, it is my prayer today that I will stop, drop and roll .. stop what I am doing, drop to my knees and keep my praises rolling! May His fire consume me!

"Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him." -Psalm 37:7

Today, I am hosting THANKFUL THURSDAY and I invite you to share what is on your grateful heart.

*I apologize that my TT post did not go thru last week. I just noticed that it didn't upload. Computers are great until they get glitzes in them. Glad you made your way back this week!

1 comment:

tammi said...

Hey, welcome back! ;) I was beginning to worry something bad had happened!!

Beautiful post ~ you make a good point about remembering to linger in the presence of the Savior, even as we enjoy lingering in the lobby after church.