Wednesday, May 29, 2013

THANKFUL THURSDAY...forgiveness and mercy

I remember watching Sesame Street with my children when they were young. Often, they sang a song on the TV show that went something like this...

"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong." "Cake - Pie - Pudding - Motor Oil"

It was always fun to watch my kids pick out what they thought did not belong. If we as Christians could play that game, it might sound something like this:

"Mercy - Kindness - Compassion - Unforgiveness" "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong."

It is difficult to forgive others without mercy. Today, what I am giving God thanks for is His forgiveness and His mercy. And praying that I could have such mercy towards others.

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:36-37

PRAYER: Dear Lord, give me the ability to forgive others. Even when others hurt me or do me wrong, may I extend mercy to them just as You have extended to me. May Your love shine not only upon me but thru me. AMEN.

I am so blessed to have been your host for THANKFUL THURSDAY this month, next month you can find us over at Iris's place. Won't you join your grateful heart with ours today?

3 comments:

Denise said...

Bless your thankful heart.

It Feels like Chaos said...

That is such a great prayer for us all to pray! Thank you for the inspiration and for hosting this month!

Rosemarie said...

Amen! When we ourselves get the full revelation of how God's grace has saved us, redeemed us, and continues to give us room to grow we are then able to extend the same to others.

An invitation to read "Eyes Wide Open" May 28.

Blessings!