Monday, May 6, 2013

Talk about having a bad day.

Sometimes I think I have the perfect plan for my day. In my mind’s eye I see everything coming together and working perfectly together. But that isn’t always how things end up.

Today, things did not start off good. I was running late for work, I couldn’t find my car keys, and then when I got to work, I couldn’t find some items that I needed for the day. It is days like this that a little voice in my head can be heard asking questions…

Why me?”
“Doesn’t God care about me?”

I would imagine that Joseph had similar questions as things unfolded in his life. (Genesis chapter 39) At one point, everything seemed to be going well in his life. But within a matter of days, his entire world caved in. I bet that the day this happened, he woke up with having a perfect plan in mind for his day, but only to find himself kidnapped and sold in slavery by his own brothers.

Talk about a bad day!
I wonder if Joseph ever questioned God or lost faith?

I am sure Joseph had many questions, but through it all, the one thing that remained was God. Right smack dab in the middle of Joseph’s terrible circumstances, the Bible says that “The Lord was with Joseph.” (Genesis 39:21) Even in the darkness of the well he was thrown in, the fear of being sold into slavery and the uncertainty of whether he would ever see his family again, God remained with Joseph and He had a plan all along.

What appeared as bad was actually good, because God was already working His perfect plan. If we fast forward into Josephs life, we will see that God used every single detail of his circumstances to save an entire civilization.

Now that is a bad day turned good.

Perhaps, you have had a bad start to this Monday like I did. But I assure you that even when you can’t see past your frustration, that God IS working on your behalf and He WILL turn everything into something good.

“The Lord was with him; and whatever he did, the Lord made it prosper.” –Genesis 39:23

If God did it for Joseph…He will do it for you too!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Praying your week gets better my friend.