Thursday, February 16, 2012

THANKFUL THURSDAY...pay forward some love

This week for THANKFUL THURSDAY, I would be amiss if I didn't give thanks for love, after all we just celebrated the holiday of love, aka Valentines Day. I hope that you have experienced love this week, not just any kind of the love but the greatest love of all.

I am a blessed woman. Married to my high school sweetheart for the past 31 years. He loves me more today than ever. He holds my heart in his hand and for all of these years he has taken good care of my heart. As wonderful as that is, he is not the only one who holds my heart. Ever since I gave my heart over to God, many years ago, He has also carefully tended to the condition of my heart.

He has protected it.
He has strengthened it.
He has healed it.
He has kept it close to His.

Love...what makes it so amazing anyway?

For one thing, it is what propelled God to send His Son to die for you and me. Without love, we would have no redemption and without that we would have no faith or hope either.

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three, the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

You see without love, nothing else matters. It is the very foundation of why we live. It is my prayer that you receive much more than just a heart shaped box full of chocolates, it is my hope, (and faith) that you receive the greatest gift of all....His eternal love.

No matter what condition your heart is in, whether it has been broken, bruised or mishandled...Once you give your heart to God, He will cherish it like none other. His love is truly the greatest gift you could ever receive. I am so grateful that His love propels me to love others. This kind of love is a pay forward method...Because He loves me, I can love others!

Pay forward some godly love to someone today.

Iris is hosting THANKFUL THURSDAY this week, we would love to hear what is on YOUR grateful heart! Link up here!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Love this post my friend.

Ms. Kathleen said...

You are so blessed. I didn't marry my high school sweet heart but I did marry a sweet heart :) -- 27 years now and so blessed. Loves what make the world go round... ! Thank you Lord!

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

Congratulations on a long and wonderful marriage!! Thanks for sharing your love letter today.

Pia said...

you are very blessed, laurie. God bless you more!

Laurie Collett said...

Praise God for His infinite, self-sacrificing love! May all experience His love before it is too late.
God's blessings to you,
Laurie

Lisa Maria said...

How I loved this post Laurie! It is exactly how I feel myself and what I wrote about too.

Congrats on your 31 years... I know just what you mean about your husband loving you now more than he did before!

Thanks for sharing.

eph2810 said...

The entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 13 has been going through my mind all week. It is so true, Laurie, that His love for us gives us the opportunity to love others.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Love & peace,
Iris