Thursday, February 9, 2012

THANKFUL THURSDAY...a great blend

Some people cannot get their day started without a fresh cup of coffee. Personally, I am not a coffee drinker. My husband is and he keeps telling me that I am getting old and that I need to learn to drink coffee. (ha ha...isn't he funny?)

In our kitchen, we have alittle corner that is designated the coffee center. Always ready to brew or pour a cup of "Joe" in case family or friends pop in. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about sitting around the table with those you love, with a cup of coffee (or your desired beverage) and chatting.

As much as I look forward to those moments, I couldn't help but think this morning, that spending time with God and reading His Word, is much like this. His Word is like a fresh cup of coffee...once we have a craving for it, there is nothing else that can satisfy. After spending some time studying His Message, it brews in our spirit and keeps peculating until it spills out.

We have this engraved plate in our coffee center in our kitchen...


 The perfect blend for me is when I spend time with God.
 I'd rather be addicted to Him than any form of caffeine!

Today is THANKFUL THURSDAY and I am so thankful for His Word and the opportunity that I have to spend time chatting with God. May my cup never be found empty.

Share your grateful heart with us over at http://www.eph2810.com/ . Iris is our host this month.


3 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, well said.

Kathleen said...

I so agree - ! I get my cup of water (I know boring but necessary for me) and look to see what my word for the day is. Then I usually check certain blogs and see what they have to share - sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. But, it gets my day off to a good start. My hubby is the coffee drinker and I usually head right over there to clean up his spills! Habits are hard to break sometimes - ha!

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

I hear you on the not liking coffee!!

Blessings,
Kate