Monday, January 25, 2010

red light, green light


I remember playing the "red light, green light" game when I was a child. Red meaning we had to stop and stand still, Green meaning we could go, and the first person to reach the line was the winner.

Many times, in this GROWN-UP world that I live in, the stop lights stare me square in the face, but many times I ignore the colors. Have you ever pulled up to a stop sign, and instead of completely stopping, you see there are no other cars around so you slow down and glide right thru the intersection? I see that happening every day.

I also see it happening everyday spiritually! So many times the signs are so clear before my eyes...but yet I ignore them.

GALATIANS 5:25 "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

The Holy Spirit is leading and guiding us, and when we live by the Spirit, we will recognize the red and green lights in our life. God will not put more on us than we can bear, but sometimes when I ignore the signals He puts in front of me, I tend to put more on myself than I can bear.

I NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT!! and I need to be more aware of the warnings He is placing in front of me. I'm looking for the RED light, GREEN light today...how about you?


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Not being a very patient person, those stop lights are hard for me to see...let alone obey...but you are soo right. They (like an actual stop sign) are there for our own protection. You'd think after 55 years I'd have that down, huh? haha Thanks for the reminder. How a wonderful day Laurie...

Denise said...

Me too sweetie, love you.