Monday, January 4, 2010

Is God the love of your life?


I love being around young couples who have fallen in love. They busily plan their wedding day and dream of the life that is to come. It seems no matter what ...they are always talking about the other person, lovingly and passionately. Everything in their life seems to point to the other person and they look forward to talking or seeing one another again. And when something comes up between them, they do whatever is necessary to make things right again.

This describes the kind of love that the Bible talks about - THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT - Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength. In other words, love our God even with more passion, more emotion and more depth than that someone special that I described in the first paragraph of this post.

Is God the love of your life?

1 JOHN 2:5 "Those who obey God's word truly show how completely they love Him. That is how we know we are living in Him."

I want my love to not only be in my heart, but spoken from my lips. How can I not give God praise, adoration and the love that is due Him? May everything I speak of or think of point to Jesus Christ. The lover of my soul!

How can you express your love to your Heavenly Father today?






No comments: