Friday, July 11, 2008

THEN SINGS MY SOUL SATURDAY...I will praise you in this storm

PSALM 71:8
" Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with Your glory all the day."
WHEN DO YOU GIVE PRAISE TO GOD?
When everything is going good? When the doctor gives you a good report? When all of your bills are paid?

HOW ABOUT WHEN THINGS AREN'T SO GOOD.
Do you give God praise in your sickness? How about when life is crashing in on you?

Today it is my prayer that even in the midst of a storm that my lips will praise Him and that He will be glorified! Instead of looking at my difficulty, may I see His glory in the middle of my situation.

Going thru a difficult time right now?
Having a hard time finding praise and glory in your situation?

WATCH THIS VIDEO AND SEEK GOD IN YOUR STORM...
(make sure you mute my blog music on the side bar before listening to this video!)


Please visit SIGNS, MIRACLES and WONDERS for other worshipful hearts!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

This is one of my favorite songs! I think a lot of us forget to praise the Lord when things get rough, I know I often do, but when we do praise Him in our difficulties, the rewars are undeniable!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie,

I love this song by Casting Crowns! It is my desire that I praise God in the good times, as well as the not so good.

Thanks for sharing!
Cheryl

Peggy said...

Bless you Laurie...exactly what I was saying on Thankful Thursday &
I almost chose this song because I think I mentioned it to at least 3 people this week to encourage them and felt God was leading me to share with all how to PRAISE HIM in the STORMS! That is when WE really need to press in & praise!
So many times, we are crying out for HELP, we fail to see what HE is doing in the midst of these storms...usually after we can recall from a distance & thank HIM
but you are ever so right... it's
the challenge at these times!

Thank you for sharing my strength building song for these times...it's one of my favorites!

Liza on Maui said...

Thank you - I needed to hear this.

Deborah said...

I love this song. You are so right..we don't priase God when times are rough...but we need to praise Him always.

Melissa Lea said...

I love Casting Crowns! I just have to learn how to praise Him in all if my storms! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Laurie,

Casting Crowns have some of my all time favorite songs...I love this one, it hits me right smack where I needed it this week!

Thanks for the reminder!

Be Blessed,
Melissa

Amy Wyatt said...

I love Casting Crowns and this is one of my favorites. I couldn't get it to play though. It kept saying error. Maybe it's me or my computer though. I have to tell you though I love your song selection on your site too. This Old House by the Cathedrals was playing when I clicked on. I grew up on some of the music you have on your playlist and I love it. Glad you joined us. Sorry I haven't been around lately. It's been crazy. Hope you are well.

Lisa Cobler said...

That is a beautiful post and song. No matter how hard things get in our lives there is always a reason to praise God.

Laurie Ann said...

Absolutely love this song. Casting Crowns is an awesome group. Thanks so much for sharing this. It was great to hear it again.