Thursday, July 17, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY....water

I do not take the luxury of RUNNING WATER for granted! My husband just returned from a missions trip to South America. I was not able to attend this year but two years ago I went to this very place that he labored for the past week...ECUADOR. This is a very poor place to visit. It makes the poorest thing you have ever seen or heard of in the United States seem like luxury. Many homes are what I consider huts, with no windows, no electricity and definitely no air conditioning! Some of the roadside eateries that I visited 2 years ago had no running water.

Now think about that for a moment...

No running water means no way of washing dishes.

No running water means no way of washing your hands.

No running water means no way of flushing the commode or sanitizing your hands afterwards.

I cannot imagine life in my home without running water. So today, on this THANKFUL THURSDAY, I would like to give thanks for W A T E R!!

YI AM THANKFUL for the water that runs freely so I can rinse my vegetables!

YI AM THANKFUL for the water that nourishes my yard so my plants can grow!

YI AM THANKFUL for the water that satisfies my thirst!

YI AM THANKFUL for the water that flows easily out of the shower head so I can become refreshed and clean!


I am thankful for water....water is so refreshing!

HOW ABOUT THE LIVING WATER?

JOHN 7:37b-38 " 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.' (38) He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."


* THE LIVING WATER runs freely!
* Does THE LIVING WATER not give our souls nourishment?
* THE LIVING WATER will satisfy me!
* With THE LIVING WATER, I have the ability to be refreshed!
* THE LIVING WATER renews and cleanses my spirit!

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE WATER!


What are you grateful for today?
Please join our grateful hearts
with Iris over at STING MY HEART!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

great reminder to be thankful for the water that quenches our thirst, both physically and spiritually.

Anonymous said...

I live in one of the major cities in Nigeria and if you want running water, you are going to have to dig a bore hole all by yourself! I am one of the lucky ones - my landlord has a borehole so I get to have running water. Nevertheless it's not something I take for granted.

I need to go examine myself - if I've been taking the Living Water for granted. Thank you for this post. God bless.

Sharon.

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie,

praising the Lord for living water and running water. We are blessed indeed. Neat post.

Happy TT. Hugs!

Denise said...

I praise God for precious living water dear one.

Anonymous said...

water is so precious. God bless you more, laurie. thank you for sharing with us your thankful heart.

Peggy said...

Bless you Laurie..excellent post!

You cannot believe that I'm also thankful for WATER...I wish I had the water you have...but at least when I have water, it's available as running water. My hardest adjustment, not being able to do what you listed except with bottled water in a garafon. And seeing it come out brown to black sometimes makes me think I'll just forget this water and move on with the Living WATER! The poorest colonies and close to where I enjoy comodoties have nothing but cardboard shacks...yep...that's poverty!

What a beautiful transition from ordinary water to superordinary water! AMazing list of thankfulness that too often we take for granted with a super bible verse that quenches my thirst! Cleanse me O Lord...purify me and my water! Thanks Laurie for keeping it real and aMazing! Be blessed for you have blessed my heart greatly!

i said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder! I too am thankful for living water and running water!

Remain blessed!

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a wonderful post! I love how you compared the living water to water! Blessings!

Sharon said...

Great post Laurie! (As always) It's inspirational and exceptional!

Laurie Ann said...

Laurie, what a blessing your post was to me this morning. Running water...Living Water, both are a blessing indeed. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Kristi said...

Living water that will never run dry. Thanks for sharing your TT list with all of us.

Susan said...

Oh Laurie,

You are so right!!! It's amazing how we don't have any idea of what others endure all around us.

Just the simple things we hardly notice, is LIFE for them!!

Thank God for the LIVING WATER that never runs dry.

This was a great reminder.

After going on my first mission trip I remember thinking, why was I chosen to live in America?

Blessings to you my friend♥

Cheri said...

I find myself in great converstion with God while I'm in the shower. There's just something about it...

Mary said...

Laurie, to that I say AMEN! We must have water to live. And we must have the Living Water to have LIFE! Awesome post. Blessings.

Peculiar said...

Laurie, I just loved this post. You have not only made me more grateful for water, but see it or Living Water in a fresh light tonight. Thank you for this post and the call to thankfulness about all things that God so freely and richly provides.

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Laurie,
It is nice to meet you.
Hey, if you would, would you email me back? I would love to know more about what you saw in Ecudador. My little World Vision child lives there and I would love to know if you are familiar with her area. I have a picture of her on my blog.
How wonderful yall help GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!
Lea