Thursday, September 8, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY...Soap

As I tackled the huge pile of laundry, I got thinking about how blessed we are to have the modern-day conveniences of a washer, a dryer, and most importantly SOAP! Think about what your daily life would be like without such priveleges!

Your children would have nasty clothes to wear to school. Your husband would look a mess on the job. Not to mention what kind of smell would be coming from those dirty, unwashed clothes. Have you ever taken time to just thank God for the opportunity to launder your clothes? Usually we complain about it. Besides me, I just don't know too many people who enjoy doing laundry.

I love doing laundry. It is probably one of my most favorite household chores. There is just something about taking something that is soiled and washing it and folding it like it was something brand new. There is joy in that.

I would imagine that it somewhat resembles the joy of the Lord when one of His children who was lost in sin comes home. Think of one of your children, who has been playing out in the dirt and when he comes in, you take some soap and wash the dirt right off of them. I can just imagine you wrapping that warm, soft towel around their clean body, laughing and smiling with your child with such joy that they are once again clean and smelling good!

Soap. It does us good. It takes the dirt and the smell away. It makes us refreshed and renewed.

Same is true with the spiritual soap that God washes us with. We make mistakes and many times mess things up. Sometimes the messes we find ourselves in are just stinky. The Bible says that we are ALL sinners...

ROMANS 8:28 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

But the good news is that we can be just like our little children who come in from playing outside, we can come to our Father, with all of our messes, with the dirt that the world has left on us and He can pour His loving, saving and cleasning soap all over us and we can be washed as white as snow. That means our sins are forgiven, we can live a new life...refreshed and renewed.

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." ISAIAH 1:18

Aren't you thankful for His Soap?

Today is THANKFUL THURSDAY, join your grateful heart with ours over at http://eph2810.com . Iris is our host this month!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Very cute post :)

I need more laundry detergent..hehe..thanks for the reminder :D

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

NanaNor's said...

Hi Laurie, Great post and I'm thankful for being clean as snow and for the conveniences of modern days-like soap and appliances.
Have a great afternoon.
Hugs, Noreen

Rocks @ Made To Worship said...

Thank you... that spiritual soap...God spoke to me through that just now. And I have to stop reading and writing because my heart is suddenly filled with longing to come to the Father like a child.

Thank you, I pray you keep on writing..God is using and will use those posts to restore, touch, renew and talk to His children.

Rocks said...

and He reminded me of a song..

"come to the Father..though your gift is small..broken hearts..broken lives, he will take them all"

God bless you!!

bp said...

Such a great post, Laurie! And the comparison to the cleansing of Jesus.

I just finished folding and putting away some laundry. I never "get" why people gripe and complain so much about laundry. I never mind doing it!

annies home said...

as our wednesday night children classes started this last week the thoughts of little messes and blessings of those little hands ran through my mind as I read your post come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com