Thursday, September 15, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY...change of seasons

This morning I woke up to something different. It seems that the hot, muggy nights of the southern summer has been altered. There was a coolness in the air that swept even thru the house. For the first time in months, I had to go turn the a/c down.

It is time for a season change. After a long hot and humid summer, it is a change that is very much welcomed.

Not every season change is welcomed. Some of us don't like cooler weather, for those who are like that, this season change will be difficult to embrace. It is no different than the seasons of life that we all encounter. Some are welcomed. And some are harder to embrace.

The weather is not the only thing changing around here. I have noticed a few changes when I look in the mirror every morning. The hair color is not what it use to be. Wrinkles have shown up in places that I never expected. Eating like I use to doesn't bring pleasure any longer, it just brings extra pounds to my hips.

I wouldn't say that some of these physical changes of becoming older is a welcomed change. But it is what it is. I can either embrace it and be happy and content or I can fight it, deny it and be miserable about it.

That's the thing about change. Whether it is the change in weather or change in our lives, change is bound to happen and there is not a whole lot that we can do about it. We can't control it. It is just something that happens. But what we can control is how we embrace change.

Change is not always a bad thing. It can be a good thing. It can propel us to do things that we never thought of before. It can take us out of our comfort zone. It can lead us to places and people that we never thought of before.

Alot of things change around us. The weather changes. Our jobs change. Friendships change. Life changes. Thru it all though, there is one thing that never changes and that is God. He never changes. He was. He is. And He always will be. He is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end. He is God and He is ever present in all of the changes that come our way.

REVELATION 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty One."

Today I am thankful for the changes that He brings into my life that teaches, molds and corrects me. I am so thankful that even in these changes that He stands with me. Not just yesterday, but today and in all of my tomorrows.

Visit IRIS for THANKFUL THURSDAY and see what others are thankful for today!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing!! I usually do not like change,but I love change in the seasons and weather.