Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A PIECE OF MY HEART...changing my perspective

I have always heard the age old question..."Is the glass half empty or half full?" I usually saw it as half full, but yet many of you probably saw it different. You may have saw it half empty.

Which is right?

I don't know that either one is right or wrong. It is just different.

I think many times we encounter things and even people, that have different perspectives than we do. Its not that their way is right or wrong...it is just different.

Often times, when we come across situations that cause differences of opinion, we look at it like strife or condemnation. We might even take on a judgemental attitude of judging the motives of others rather than looking at it like the glass illustration. Having differences of opinion is not wrong but how we handle those differences is what gets us in trouble most of the time.

I am a peacemaker. I struggle with people who run from making peace. The "it's my way or the highway" mentality just doesn't cut it in the Kingdom of God, this should never be our attitude. We are on the same team. If we cannot get along down here, how are we going to walk the streets of gold up there arm in arm?

It is amazing to me how two people can look at the same cloud in the sky but yet see something different. One sees a sheep, while the other sees an angel flapping its wings. It really just depends on their perspective, I guess. Once you point out that you see a sheep in the clouds, the other might change positions and then they too can see what the other saw...a sheep! What changed? Their perspective!

But we have to be willing. It is not pleasing to God to have his children quarrelling, disagreeing and just not on the same page with each other.

"If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

Is your thinking so rigid that all you can see is a half empty glass? It just might be time to ask God to help you change your perspective..I am asking Him to help me see things like He sees things. Differently.

And this has been a piece of my heart today;

No comments: