Friday, April 15, 2011

Live a long and fullfilled life!

I read in the news this morning about the World's oldest man who had passed away. Walter Bruening, from Great Falls, Montana died at the age of 114 yesterday.
When I read about this, I thought to myself what a wonderful life he must of had. The things that he must have seen. The things he must have done. The people who came and went in his life.

The joy. The sadness. The laughter. The disappointments that he must of had.

Prior to his passing, Mr. Bruening passed on some advice on how to live a long and fulfilled life...
  •  Embrace change, even when the change slaps you in the face. ("Every change is good.")
  • Eat two meals a day ("That's all you need.")
  • Work as long as you can ("That money's going to come in handy.")
  • Help others ("The more you do for others, the better shape you're in.")
  • Accept death."We're going to die. Some people are scared of dying. Never be afraid to die. Because you're born to die," he said.
I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel so old and like the "good" days are all behind me. But if I were to live a long life like Mr. Bruening, I would have to say that it seems like life for me has just begun. So I have to ask myself..."What am I going to do with the rest of my life?" I hope that I can do some of those things that Mr. Bruening suggested.

MATTHEW 9:37 Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few."

Serving God, Worshipping Him and not becoming weary of laboring for Him would probably be at the top of my "Living a long and fulfilled life" list. I don't know if any of us will live to be a ripe old age of 114, but whatever time we have left here on earth, it is my prayer that we will all be fruitful and continue to labor diligently for His Kingdom.

Live today, worship today, pray today like it could be your last. It just might be.

No comments: