Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A PIECE OF MY HEART...a clean slate


I remember (wayyyy back), when I was in grade school - one of the things that was really cool to be able to do is either go outside and lower the flag OR take the chalkboard erasers outside and hit them together until the chalk came loose from them.

I loved smacking those chalkboard erasers. I was thinking about those big chalkboards at school, and how much "power" is in those erasers. Think about it...the board at school can be covered with math problems or vocabulary words and then with one swipe of that eraser - [POOF] - suddenly it is clean for something new to be written.

Isn't our consicence alot like a chalkboard? All of our feelings, our thoughts and even our actions leave marks on our conscience, much like the marks left by the chalk on the chalkboard. Our conscience can feel "dirty" when we choose wrong thoughts or actions, or it can feel clean when we choose correctly (much like a chalkboard that has been erased and washed).

I don't know about you, but sometimes my conscience stays cluttered. Just like that chalkboard, what I need to do is call upon the great eraser ...GOD and He will hear my cry and He will wipe my slate clean. And when I pour my thoughts and actions into Him and doing the things of Him, I will begin to have a clear conscience and promises that I make to Him and to others will be much easier to keep.

ACTS 24:16 "I always try to maintain a clear conscience before God and everyone else."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, and great reminder that we cannot forgive and forget ourselves the One that is greater than us, already has. He will give us true liberty and true redemption. His Grace is AWESOME!

~Christy
http://talesofthetoot.wordpress.com