Thursday, March 19, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY..."can you smell that?"

This week, Lynn is hosting THANKFUL THURSDAY and she is talking about miracles and being set free. When you put the words "miracle" and "set free" next to each other, I can't help but to think of the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus Christ gave for each of us. What an aroma of love!
WHAT KIND OF SMELL WOULD BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE?
a chocolate cake fresh from the oven?
onions simmering on the stove?
a bouquet of roses?

All of us have a sense of smell ... it triggers pleasing aroma's and it even triggers the not so pleasing aromas. Did you know that there is a smell that brings a smile to the face of God?

EPHESIANS 5:2 " Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered Himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God."

On this THANKFUL THURSDAY, I am so thankful for the sacrifice! I know you are too, but have you ever considered Christ's sacrifice as a pleasing aroma?

It was a pleasing aroma to God! Because the sacrifice on the cross demonstrated the love of God in the most complete and perfect way possible. It was one of the most tangible ways to show Gods love.

If that sacrificial act of love was a sweet smell to God, can you imagine what happens when we love others sacrificially? Surely, it is like a sweet perfume that God can smell and it makes Him smile. And possibly, you can hear God say ... "Can you smell that?"

WHAT KIND OF AROMA ARE YOU OFFERING?

What are you thankful for today? Please stop by Spiritually Unequal Marriage and visit with Lynn and all of the grateful hearts sharing with us this week!

11 comments:

L Harris said...

Thanks for the reminder. Good post.

Denise said...

Awesome post dear.

Pia said...

the flower in my champaca plant smells really good. i guess when i say I BELIEVE in God's mightiness to turn things around for me and my FAITH in Him sends out a pleasing aroma that makes God smile... i truly hope they do. =D

Genefaith said...

nice post...it's a great reminder for me...

Beth in NC said...

A beautiful TT Laurie -- and concerning my last post -- NOOOOO, I didn't take those pictures. I'm so sorry I misled you. I mentioned at the bottom that Portrait Innovations did great work. I changed my post and placed their name at the TOP now.

Thanks for the sweet comment.

Bless you today!
Beth

Debbie Petras said...

Laurie, this is good! As I was reading your post, I thought of Romans 12:1 and how we are to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice. Lately, I've been praying Romans 12:1-2 each day. I thought maybe offering my body as a living sacrifice might be a pleasing aroma to the Lord.

Pastor Ron said...

Hi I also contribute to thankful Thursday however I now can't find the My linky could you please help me

You can find my Thankful Thursday post at my food for thought blog
THANKS

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie,

I just made a batch of chili and as I was simmering the onions and green peppers I was thinking about the aroma and this very concept! Beautiful post, my friend.

Blessings to you today!

Jerralea said...

Thanks for presenting the challenge: is my life a pleasing aroma to Him? You gave me lots to think about!

Marsha said...

What a sweet fragrance is flowing from your thankful heart! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Laurie Ann said...

Laurie, I really needed this today. I have a situation in life where I'm fixing to have to make some huge sacrifices. I'm stinking today with my attitude regarding it but it only just begun. Praying that I can turn it into something that is a pleasing aroma to Him. Great post, my friend! So timely. Happy Thankful Thursday!