Friday, September 12, 2008

WORD POWER...pistos

I have heard it said that there is power in the words that we use. Not only "which" words we use, but "how" we use them and "knowing the right time" to use certain words. Timing can be everything. I am doing a study about words. I hope to share with you some words to ponder on...so we can all strive to have power in the words that we speak! This week's word....

PISTOS (Pis-tos')
(adj.) - trusty, faithful, easily persuaded

1. TRUSTY, FAITHFUL

a. of persons who show themselves faithful in the transaction of business, the execution of commands, or the discharge of official duties
b. one who kept his plighted faith, worthy of trust
c. that can be relied on

2. EASILY PERSUADED

a. believing, confiding, trusting
b. in the NT one who trusts in God's promises
.....1. one who is convinced that Jesus has been raised from the dead
.....2. one who has become convinced that Jesus is the Messiah and author of salvation

If the word PISTOS means faithful, there is only one that I can totally believe in and have complete faith in. GOD is the One that I can confide in and whom I trust. He will never leave me nor forsake me, so I know that I can count on Him and put my faith in Him and in His ways!

1 CORINTHIANS 1:9 "God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

GOD IS A FAITHFUL (or PISTOS) FRIEND TO HAVE!

Now That's A Word Packed With FAITHFULNESS!

No comments: