Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Are You Ready to Answer the Call Yet?

TODAY'S DAILY...

How many times has your phone rang and instead of answering it, you hit mute or unavailable? 

There are tons of reasons why we don't take time to answer the call. Perhaps we are in the middle of something or perhaps we intentionally ignore the caller. 

When God calls me to do something, often times I find myself hitting the mute button. How about you?

I don't mean to ignore His voice but sometimes I find myself telling myself (and God) that "I can't" or "maybe later".

One thing I've learned over the years is that when God calls you, He will prepare and equip you and when the time is right, you will answer His call. 

The question is, what will we do during the incubation period? 

It may be a week or two, or a year or a decade before God opens the right door for which He has called you. A delay does not mean He called the wrong number, rather, it could be that the time has not come yet for you.

"Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ.  I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it.” (1 Corinthians 3:1-2)

Paul was saying to the church members at Corinth that they were not ready YET! While they were still like infants and needing milk to feed upon, the implication here is that solid food would come at a later time. 

Whether it be to teach a Bible Study, start a new career, or go overseas - when God calls, don't be afraid to answer. He will be with you each step of the way, from milk to solids and beyond!

BLESSINGS. Laurie


@copyright2018 laurieadams


No comments: